•19•

•Lias POV•
Here I am standing in front of the bathroom mirror running my hands down my purple pencil skirt and white button up blouse. It feels like forever since I wore these.
Knock Knock
"Hey Lia you ready to go?" Tom asks opening the door to my bedroom.
I walk out of the bathroom so I can grab my heels and bag.
"Yeah just give me one moment to finish up."
We head out to the garage agreeing to just pick up food on the way. When we get to the garage I see the neon orange Lambo that he showed Noah when they first met and also the black Tesla that was my favorite.
He heads to the Lambo and opens the passenger door like he's waiting for me. I head to the Tesla drivers side door.
"Remember my conditions, we drive separately to work. I'm taking this car." I tell him, reaching towards the wall with the keys. "I'll meet you at work."
I get in and see he is disappointed, but that's to bad because I already told him. I open the garage door with the remote in the car and head out. Today is going to be a long day.
I pull into a random parking spot and start towards to door. I walk past the old parking spot that Tom specifically marked as mine. Reserved for Mrs. Holland. But I'm not Mrs. Holland anymore.
"Good morning Greta," I say and she freezes like she's hearing things.
"Old age, I swear" She mutters.
"Greta you are anything but old." I say trying not to laugh.
She looks up shocked.
"Lia? You're back. Oh how I've missed you." She says standing up to hug me.
"I've missed you as well Greta. So has anything changed?" I ask.
"Well Sarah, Mr. Hollands assistant was fired due to making a move on him, but then he gave her a second chance. Mr. Osterfield has been avoiding him unless work related. And George has been doing a wonderful job keeping up with anything you would need to do for when you return." She informs me.
Wow Haz is avoiding Tom? I mean I should have seen that coming but still, they are best friends.
"Thank you Greta, I should head up there. Haz is going to be definitely surprised."
I head through the elevator heading up to the top floor. It seems long but yet not long enough. On autopilot I make my way through the offices stopping when I see George sitting outside my office taking a messege for me.
"Yes sir, I will be sure to inform madam Holland of the changes. Of course. She shall call you back after making a decision. Have a splendid rest of your day." He hangs up the phone and writes something down, probably a note to let me know.
"Wow Greta was right George, you really have been on top of everything in my absence."
He stands up abruptly.
"Mrs. Holland. You're back?" I can sense that it was a question more than a statement.
"I am back for the time being George. So follow me inside and catch me up please?" I ask while walking inside my office.
"So start off simple. What just happened on the phone?" I ask not fully knowing where to start.
"That was actually your brother ma'am. He was calling to see if you were here and when I said no he mentioned trying to give you space," he's holding something back.
"But?"
"But he has decided to come to London and find you himself. Well him and your mother. She said she would like to explain."
"Thank you George, and also please just call me Lia, and if you need to add the Miss then Miss Lia. Ok?" I may have been distracted but I caught that.
"Ok Miss Lia. So to start from the beginning, this is what you missed..."