Chapter 10 Thinking Out Loud

Chapter 10 Hunter's POV
"I'm an idiot." I told Jayden as me and him were drinking coffee late at night. Jayden took Lauren home and I told him for him to meet up with me,"so what exactly happened that made her come out crying?" "I got lost by her. Just how much I miss being next to her, kissing her. And when I looked at her right in the eyes it was like... I felt it again." I took a deep breathe,"I almost kissed her-" "Hunter why in the hell would you do that?" Jayden said taking a drink of his water,"I just got lost like I said. I know she mad, but I can't prevent that." I started messing with a spoon. The way she runs is the way my heart feels when I look at her. I have never felt that way before with any girl and it's so crazy to know that Lauren happened to be the one. I looked at Jayden as he looked at me,"I should tell her." "NO!" Jayden said so loud that everyone that was in the diner stopped and looked at us. "Hunter, she will never be with you if you told her what you did. Because she will hate herself for not noticing." "But-" "no buts." I just stared at him thinking what to say next. "She will hate me huh?" He nodded,"how much I hope for her to be happy, it just won't happen. Especially if she finds out that you were going to marry her the same day." I slammed my hand against the table,"WHY DID I DO THAT TO HER!" "WHOA! LISTEN TO ME!" He put his hand on top of my hand,"Im not saying how you approached it to her was right, but you were a brave man. And I will keep on telling you that." "Thanks buddy." "No problem. I have been here in California for 3 years with her and you know me, I ease drop when she's talking to her friend, all she talks about is you." I stood up straight listening,"one time, a girl on her track team said you were gay and she hit her. Hunter, she may be mad at you, but hell she still loves the heck out of you." I looked down feeling disappointed,"if it makes you feel better, she's competing in a race in Nashville in about 3 weeks." I looked up in shock,"she just competed in one." "Her UCLA coach threw her in last minute. He wants to win and he says Lauren is his last chance." "Is it a big race?" "One of the biggest." "Wow." I said in amazement. "See Jayden, she would have never gotten these opportunities when she was with me." "Now now, she had gotten a lot of chances, she never told you." "Why?" "Because she was scared. Hunter you don't understand, she's scared of loosing. She's scare she'll disappoint her fans. SHE HAS FANS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD! TONS OF THEM!" I smiled to myself,"that's so incredible for her." I miss her so much. I think about her when I wake up, I think about her when I'm eating, I think about her when I'm making music, I think about her when I'm going to bed. I just want to hold and kiss her and cry and tell her I did what I thought I should have done. I thought I was doing the best for her, but she will never understand, even if i tried to explain what happen, she still wouldn't understand and that hurts me so much... To watch the one I love hate me.