Chapter 25 Thinking Out Loud

Chapter 25 Lauren's POV
I went up to my track coach the next day and I was nervous on what his reaction would be. I was fiddling with my fingers and I tried really hard not show my emotions,"Coach, I'm not going to be competing my senior year." He stopped what he was doing and paid all attention to me,"what do you mean you're not competing? Lauren, you're the 3 timing track champion, you have to get 4." "I have to go, I can't really explain..." "If you walk away from this, you will never be as good as your last performance." "Well, I won and maybe it should be someone else's turn to win something they have never won before." He looked at me from head to toe then into my eyes,"if you do this, you're going to walk away from the biggest thing you have done, you will loose your fans." "Fans shouldn't determine who I am, I don't need fans to make myself feel good, make my name be 'out there'. Fans are people who love you for you and support whatever decision you make in life. Thank you for being my track coach, but I have to go." I said as I turned around and started walking to my car. I had to leave quick,"LAUREN!" I turned around as Jake came running towards me. I frowned, if you don't remember, Jake likes me and he tries his best not to show it, but aww man, it defiantly shows. He stopped in front of me and took a deep breathe,"what do you mean you're leaving?" "I'm done here, I need to go-" "you can't leave-" "my track coach said the same thing don't worry." "I really like you." He quickly said. I threw my head back as I knew that was coming. I looked and faced him,"I'm engaged Jake." "To Hunter Hayes? Nobody knows him, everybody knows me-" "what's that suppose to mean?" You know what,"I don't care." I said as I opened my car door,"Lauren wait-" I looked up at him,"best wishes to you and you're future and I hope you find someone who isn't me." "Lauren stop-" "NO!" "Can you at least tell me where you're going-" "YOU DONT NEED TO KNOW! It's not you're business, it's funny how you show up out of know where to finally talk to me and I really don't need you." "But I need you." He said,"since you first came here, I thought 'wow' this girl is the most amazing girl I have ever seen. I was so shy to talk to you, you have no idea-" "I love him. I gave my heart to Hunter a long time ago. I'm not the one-" "you are." He tried kissing me, I pushed him away from me hard. He just looked at me and I looked at him,"don't you dare come close to me like that again." I threatened. "Lauren!" I looked to myself as Jayden came running in,"Jayden not now." I demanded. He walked up to Jake and pushed him,"go, before bad things happen that you don't want to happen." Jake gave me one last look, but it was a look of anger, a look that almost terrified me. He walked away as Jayden came up to me,"thanks." I said,"no problem, so you're leaving and you didn't decide to tell me?" "Because I knew you weren't going to let me go-" "I'm going with you." "No, you can't. Stay here." "Why won't you tell me where you're going?" He pleaded. I rolled my eyes,"if I tell you, you promise to understand?" He nodded his quickly in response to my question. I leaned and told him everything.