Chapter 26 Thinking Out Loud

Chapter 26 Hunter's POV
"I'm walking to Starbucks, anyone want to come?" I asked my band members,"nah we're good man." "Alrighty, but remember I asked. If you guys want anything, call or text me." And left the tour bus. Starbucks was literally two blocks away and that was heaven to me. I was texting and walking, getting emails 24/7 about the concerts and meet and greets. Next stop is New Jersey for the tour. "What would you do if you ran into a pole and somebody saw you?" I jumped in fright and turned around as Lauren was leaning against a light pole. My mouth dropped, I dropped my phone. I tried talking, but works couldn't come out,"OH MY GOSH!" I yelled as she laughed and we ran into a big hug. I hugged her so tight, I don't think she couldn't breathe. It was 7 at night, no body around, but just me and my girl. I pulled away and all around, I just couldn't believe it,"how are you here? Why aren't you at school?" I looked down,"what's happening-" "Hunter, I'm not finishing my senior year. I want to go with you to tour. I figured if you gave up music for me, I can give up running for you-" "you're crazy-" "people do crazy stuff when they're in love." She interrupted. I just had a blank face,"why? Why would you do that?" "Because it was something I was willing to give up. It can't always be about me." "Lauren, are you sure you're ok with your decision?" "I'm 110% sure." I took a deep breathe,"It really means a lot you did that. I really thought I wasn't going to see you for a year. It frightened me to be honest." "You're crazy to think that." I gave her that smile that she loves and grabbed her hand as we started walking to my destination again: Starbucks. I started telling her everything about the concert in Maine and how the audience was just incredible. "Did you know I have fans?" She told me,"you do?" "I do! Weird huh? After my freshman year and winning my first big track title, I've been having people come up to me to sign stuff and take picture with them. When I finish training at school, as I walk to the locker room, about 200 people wait on the bleachers for me. So I decide to give back (like you do) and go and talk to them." "Dang girl, maybe you'll be more famous than me." She gave me a little push as I laughed,"nah, that's so awesome, proud of you." She frowned,"but when I told my track coach I wasn't competing, he said I would loose them-" "no you won't. Some fans are like, but most aren't." "THATS WHAT I SAID! Well, I rephrased it a little different, but I don't think he understood the concept." "Just imagine you on the Olympics." I said trying to get her in a better mood,"yea just imagine me there." She sarcastically said. I kissed the side of her forehead as she leaned her head against my shoulder as we continued walking...