Chapter 2 Thinking Out Loud

Chapter 2 Hunter's POV
I turned the TV off and walked into the kitchen as my friend Andrew joined me,"So the girl we just watch run that race on tv was your ex-girlfriend?" He asked. I opened the fridge and grabbed a water bottle, then turned and face him,"yes." I opened the cap and drank from it,"well what happened between you two?" I swallowed,"she wouldn't go to college because of me. Why should I be the reason for her not to go? So I pretended I didn't love her, screamed at her. I haven't seen her for 3 years now." "Wow." I sighed,"the day we fought, was the day I was going to ask her to marry me." "DAMN HUNTER! Why do you do stuff like that?!" I slammed my bottle down,"like what? Hmm? She had a full ride to UCLA and Nike wanted to sponsor her, she cannot miss out on a opportunity like that Andrew. Not because of me. I had to do it and I hate myself STILL everyday for telling her that I didn't love her. For crying out loud, I still have the ring that I was going to give to her." I pointed to the TV dramatically,"LOOK HOW FAR SHE HAS GOTTEN WITHOUT ME!? She's on TV, she's won 3 first place medals for track and Nike just keeps loving her. She never had those opportunities with me." He nodded his head understanding,"are you going to see her again?" "I pray to god every night hoping one day she'll appear at my door knowing what I did too her. I don't want her to know what I did for her to go. I still love her Andrew and I will never stop loving her." He walked up to me and put his arm around me,"Hunter, what you did wasn't probably the best thing to do to make her go, but you did what was right. Most guys in your position would have never done what you did. You loved her so much, you were willing to take that chance. She'll realize one day and she will understand." I looked at him smile. I haven't seen Lauren in 3 years, what makes you think she still loves me? Be honest here, what I did to make her go to college, was it the right thing to do?