Chapter 36 Thinking Out Loud

Chapter 36 Hunter's POV
I woke extra early around 5 ish, to take Cole on a walk. The sun was still down, but it was nice and cool. "Ready boy?" I asked as I hooked the leash to his collar. We started walking down the side walk. I was wearing jeans and a long black sleeve shirt. I was walking Cole at the same as I was looking through my phone. A unknown number came upon. I raised a brow and answered it,"Hunter Hayes?" "Hello, sorry for calling so early, but we need an address to ship medicine for Lauren Santiago?" I laughed,"medicine, what medicine? Who is this?" "This is Dr.Vancouver, I work at Saint Marcos Hospital, medicine to help Mrs.Santiago with her stomach pain. After a miscarriage, you tend to fell pain so we offer medicine." I stopped. Cole stopped and looked at me. I stopped breathing, catch your breathe Hunter, talk. I place the phone against my ear,"Miscarriage?" I said sounding scared,"may I ask who we're talking too?" "This is Hunter Hayes, her fiancé." "Ahh, Mr.Hayes, Mrs.Santiago had a miscarriage 4 days ago, she came running in after going on a run with enteral bleeding coming from her stomach. She was pregnant for about a month, until she lost it. From ages 19-24, females tend to get miscarriages the most." A tear fell from eye and I quickly wiped it. "Umm.." I told him the address,"thank you." As I hung up the phone. I looked at Cole as he looked more surprised then me. I looked up at the dark morning sky and closed my eyes tight. Please wake up, please wake up, please wake up, I kept telling myself. I looked around again as everything was spinning really fast. I snapped out of it as tears came out of my eyes and there was no way of me stopping them. They just came out. I kept walking, crying. I was going to be a dad. I WANTED to be a dad. Lauren didn't tell, why didn't she tell me? That's why she has been so "weird" lately, she's mortified by the news knowing she lost her kid, our kid. I should have known, well, I did know something was up, BUT I WASNT EXPECTING THAT! Why didn't she tell me? Why didn't she tell me to go to the hospital? Is this what she wants? To see me in pain? To find out the hard way? First, no one tells me about the tour I'm doing, and my freakin fiancé doesn't even TRY to tell me we lost our child. NOT ONCE! It made me angry. That's why she didn't want to talk about kids, WHY COULDN'T SHE TELL ME!? WHY!? The only words going through my head right now: why?  I stopped in frustration and looked at the sky,"Why God? Why do this? I have been so good to people, give back to my fans, been nothing, but respectful, and this is what you do? What you give me in return? You may think I'm overacting about loosing my child, BUT ITS MY CHILD I WILL NEVER SEE GROW UP, NEVER WATCH THEM GO ON THEIR FIRST DATE, NEVER SEE THEM GET THEIR FIRST KISS..." I looked down,"no." I looked up at me sky,"do you even listen to my prayers at night? Do you even notice me?" I finished as I looked straight and continued to walk as Cole stayed by my side.