You Don't Need Tricks

Keigo POV:

Lying on the padded floor of the white room, I didn't remember how I got here. It didn't matter though, I couldn't remember what was real. My vision was turning red, or maybe that was just my nose bleeding again.

It felt like months since I'd first woke up and found myself in the white room, but maybe it was just minutes, hours? It didn't matter, by the time Dr. Takami had decided I could go outside— which would be a while, I'd never seen him that angry before. He would never actually physically hurt me, just slowly chip away at my mind or get the other doctors to preform "experiments" on me.— I would be lost to the world, I could feel my thoughts echoing and drilling their way into my happiest memories. Most of them of Touya, but maybe that was just the silence ringing in my ears.

I heard a buzzing noise, no I actually heard a buzzing noise. Impossibly, the door opened. Maybe I was hallucinating, this seemed perfectly real though, I could tell I wasn't dreaming because of the ache in my ribs. Maybe it was just Dr. Takami playing tricks on me again, letting me think I could leave then crushing my hopes, I'd let myself hope too many times.

I didn't look up, I tried to let myself think it was out of spite and letting the eccentric "doctors"—as they liked to call themselves— know I was not going to fall for that. But really, it was just exhaustion and pain.

The light from outside the door washed over my face, the warm light a welcome reprieve from the harsh white fluorescent lights.

     "Keigo?"

Wait, wait, wait. I knew that voice...