A New Found Warmth

Asa POV:

The place Dabi had pointed to was just files. I grabbed one skimming it quickly for details about what had happened in this lab before setting out for another place that Hawks could be held in.

The case in the file was a young boy, they had mixed his genes with others attempting to give him the ability to control the will of others. Instead of giving the desired effect he had been entirely sapped of his on will to live. He had no motivation to do anything, and the scientists had tried everything. Reward or punishment he wouldn't give any sign that he even cared.

He had starved after refusing to eat anything for weeks.

If they had made someone so young completely lose the will to live, what could they have done to my sister?

I hoped to never have to find out.

I was nearing what I had narrowed down to be the only place the winged hero could be when a scientist in a white lab coat and dark sunglasses rounded a corner crashing into me.

     From what I could tell he looked surprised to see me stuttering my name, "A-Asa?" I knew him. He was the one who'd shown me to where I had healed Hawks. His quirk was power enough to stop me, when anything he saw was viewed obstructed it's energy would be sapped and he gained it.

I wondered if I could do the same with my quirk...

Quickly, before he could even take off his glasses I grabbed him by the wrist and focused, willing the heat in his body to drain into mine.

My body grew hotter and hotter by the second he struggled in my grip but I didn't let go. After all I had trained to be a field doctor most of my life. I wasn't exactly helpless.

I watched as his lips grew blue. Jumping back when he fell to his knees.

The heat boiling inside of me made me feel more powerful than I ever had.

I took a moment to bask in the feeling. Watching my hands flush as if sunburned, I didn't even feel it.

Crash!

I'd better hurry, it wouldn't be long before the Paranormal Liberation Front completely destroyed this place. I had to get to Hawks.

The room or cell really, didn't have an obvious button to open in, a panel with a monitor showing the inside.

I decided to press every visible button until something happened.

Most of them did nothing at least as far as I could tell the rest were either for lights or switching the cameras.

Until an inconspicuous button sent the door sliding open.

He lay on the floor wings splayed out limply behind him purple and blue bruises bloomed on any visible skin, he didn't even turn to look at the open door. I gasped he looked even worse despite my healing the cameras hardly even light upon the state of disarray he was in.

     "Keigo." I whispered and he turned to reveal a bloodied face.
     "Asa," he squinted, "why are you here?"
     "We're all here Keigo." Dabi was here now, he found us. "We're here to save you."