Chapter 15

Days have passed, and the unaffectionate relationship between the two continues. Jaxon sleeps on the bed while Kenzi is in his library.

They rarely see each other, even though they live under the same roof, because of their different class schedules. Kenzi goes to university at six in the morning, while Jaxon is ten.

The last time they had a glimpse into each other's business was four days ago, when Jaxon was about to eat a midnight snack and he saw Kenzi drying his hair because he had just finished taking a shower. The two just exchanged gazes and went back to their own worlds without words coming out of their mouths.

They completely treat each other as strangers. 

That's why Jaxon once had a thought and question to himself.

"Akala ko ba magiging responsable syang asawa? Kahit nga tingnan ako sa mata hindi magawa."

Jaxon is planning to have a conversation with Kenzi because he's uncomfortable with the situation, but their class schedule is hectic. Whenever Kenzi goes back from university, Jaxon is already sleeping, and when Jaxon wakes up in the morning, Kenzi has already left.

*Phone Rings*

"Sagutin mo muna Pablo.." Kenzi said to Pablo.

Kenzi is busy checking of his students exam papers.

"Hello, this is Professor Pablo, professor Kenzi is busy right now. What's the problem?"

"Ah good afternoon po Sir Pablo, mayroon pong package na nakapangalan kay Professor Kenzi. I hatid ko po dyan o kayo na lang ang kukuha dito sa main gate?" 

"Ay wait lang po Kuya, tanungin ko lang si Professor Kenzi.."

"Hey, you have a package. Do you want me to get it?"  mahinang sabi ni Pablo kay Kenzi.

"Yeah, go ahead. Buy me snacks on your way back." Kenzi.

"Hello Kuya? Ako na lang po ang kukuha, papunta na po ako." Pablo

"Okay po Sir, ire-recieve pa po ito hinihintay ka po ng delivery guy para sa pirma."

"Sige Kuya, papunta na ako, pakisabi saglit lang."

"Okay Sir.."

*Call ended*

"I'm heading  out." Paalam ni Pablo at tumango na lamang si Kenzi sa kanya.

Only minutes have passed since Pablo left, Someone is knocking on the door, but even though Kenzi is annoyed, he still opens the door.

"Busy ka ba?" Jaxon asked.

"Yes, but what are you doing here?" Kenzi asked with a serious face.

"I want to talk to you. Can i come inside?"

"Yeah, come in.."

*Clack*

"Ano gusto mong pag-usapan?" Kenzi

"Well, first i want to ask, why did you lock the door? Are you planning something stupid?"

"Professor Pablo just came here and he'll be back soon. If I don't lock it, we might get caught by him, and in addition, there's a student who goes in or out of my office because of grade consultation. Do you want us to get caught? If they see you here, they will wonder what you are doing in the science department when you are a multi-media art student."

"Oh, right. Anyway gusto ko lang itanong kung bakit 'di mo ako pinapansin. Akala ko ba magiging responsable kang asawa sa'kin?"

Kenzi just scratched the back of her neck and gave Jaxon a confused look because of his question.

"First, you hate it when I call you husband. So, why are you mentioning Asawa now? Second, I told you I wouldn't meddle in your personal life. Third, I will and I can be a responsible husband to you, but of course only if you want me to. Ayaw ko naman mag-effort tapos hindi mo naman maa-appreciate and you didn't take me seriously last time, and that's why I thought you didn't like it. Lastly, I am busy. You know that because the exam just ended. If I offended you or made you feel uncomfortable, I apologized for that."

Jaxon just remained silent while listening to Kenzi's explanation.

"Are you mad? Don't worry, after I finish my work, I'll give you the attention you want.." sabi ni Kenzi habang nakangiti kay Jaxon.

"No one wants your attention, don't take what I asked so seriously. I was just feeling uncomfortable, and since you explained it to me, i guess there's no problem between us, right? I will go back home now. See you later." Jaxon said shyly but he didn't show it to Kenzi because he knew he would tease him again.

'Home'  Kenzi in his thoughts.

When Jaxon was about to stand up, Kenzi stopped him.

"Wh...what?" Jaxon

"Can I kiss you?" Kenzi asked.

"Have you gone mad?!" Jaxon nervously respond.

"Can I?" Kenzi asked again as he brought his face closer to Jaxon.

"Hey! We're at school! What do you think you're doing?" Jaxon

*Tsup*

Even before Jaxon answered, Kenzi kissed him which shocked him.

*Tsup*

Kenzi kissed Jaxon again.

"Open your mouth, Jaxon.."

Jaxon couldn't speak because he was so surprised and his body voluntarily followed what Kenzi said.

"N...no...ahhh" Jaxon.

"Tell me you don't want it, I'll stop right away." Kenzi

They shared kisses, and their hands traveled through each other's body parts.

"S...stop..." Jaxon said while gasping.

Kenzi stopped as he came back to his senses. And turn his back on Jaxon out of disappointment and embarrassment.

"I apologized for crossing the line." Kenzi said.

"I hate you." Jaxon

"I know, i understand what you feel." Kenzi

"I'm going home.." Jaxon

"I'll drive you home.." Kenzi

"No, stay away from me for a while." Jaxon

"I see, I understand.." Kenzi

Jaxon left quietly, with disappointment and anger against Kenzi.

"Anyare sayo?" Pablo asked after noticing Kenzi's unusual behavior.

"I'm just tired...can you open the package for me? I have no energy to do it." Kenzi

"Yeah, whatever.."

"Thanks..."