Chapter 7: Together

Sokka's POV

I felt so happy right now. Zuko and I finally made out and he's my boyfriend! Words couldn't describe how amazing I felt, except for the one thing that kept on twisting my stomach up. Not knowing what Zuko is hiding from me. I promise you Zuko that I will do everything in my power to protect you. I love you and I will find out what you are trying to do, I promise. I silently vowed to myself. I gently squeezed Zuko's body a little harder before allowing myself to fall asleep again.

I wiggled around in Zuko's arms and saw him staring down at me, it was still pretty early in the morning and I didn't want to wake up. I quickly closed my eyes hoping that Zuko did not see me awake. "Sokka what are you doing?" "Nothing," I mumbled. Zuko sighed and placed his lips on the crown of my forehead, "We don't have to get up if you don't want to." "I would like that very much," I said smiling, opening my eyes a little. Zuko smiled down at me and I pushed myself up to kiss his lips. We held this kiss for a long time before I eventually pulled away leaving my stomach tied up in knots. "I can't believe that I get to do that now, I feel like the luckiest man in the world." Zuko said, "I think I'm luckier." I replied, "No you aren't," "Yes I am because I get you." Zuko then flipped me, pinning me down on the bed causing my heart to beat thousands times faster. Zuko stared down at me and his expression softened. "You aren't because I have you," He whispered as he caved down gently to give me a kiss. He then let go of my wrists allowing for me to pull him down into my body. I placed one hand in his hair and felt his head on my chest. "So what's the plan for today?" I asked my boyfriend. "I have a few things that I need to sort out today and we should probably catch up with Aang about what is going on in the Earth Kingdom. Afterwards we can go do something together." "Okay that sounds good." I said while playing with his hair. Zuko then buried his face even deeper into my chest and we stayed like that for a full two hour before getting up.

Zuko's POV

I walked into the dining room with Katara and Sokka, holding Sokka's hand with our fingers intertwined. Katara didn't say anything at first and she looked very mad at me, but then she saw me holding Sokka's hand and her expression softened. I was very nervous about how she would react us but she just gave me a small supportive smile, and I could tell that she was happy for Sokka and I. I smiled back at her and together the three of us entered the dining room and saw Aang and Toph. "Aang! Toph!" Katara yelled running into their arms. "Sugar Queen, get off of us!" Toph yelled back squirming within Katara's arms. Sokka then yanked me towards them forcing me into a big group hug. "What are you doing here Toph? And Aang how is the Earth Kingdom?!" Sokka asked while letting us go. "You're the one who wrote to me genius, asking for me to come to the Fire Nation! I was on my way to the Fire Nation and had one of my layovers in Omashu, however when I was there King Bumi was attacked." She replied. "Yeah I saw Toph interrogating one of them when I got there. The entire Earth Kingdom isn't doing well but Bumi is fine at least. They attacked not only Bumi but many Dai Li agents in Ba Sing Se. They threatened Bumi stating that he needs to give himself up to them, or else they will attack his people. It's looking real bad, however at least Bumi said that it won't be too serious because Toph managed to get one of the captives to admit that their main attacks are going to be centered around the Fire Nation and Ba Sing Se. Which means that they have something really bad planned here. Did anything happen while I was gone?" Aang asked. All the blood drained out of my face leaving me as paler than snow. They can not find out what Xuza and the man have planned for me. Please do not let them find out, please. Sokka looked over at me with his eyes full of concern. I quickly looked away, he can't find out. "Zuko was attacked and they threatened him badly but he won't tell us!" Katara replied, raising her voice. "Tell us what sparky?" Toph asked. "Nothing," "I can tell that you are lying." Toph teased. "Zuko was threatened and he is refusing to tell anyone what the threat was about!" "Zuko, why won't you tell us?" Aang asked quieter than Katara. I started panicking, "Because this is something I need to face alone. I cannot let the people I care about die. I have made up my mind and I cannot let any of you interfere!" I stated. "Zuko we won't interfere, we just want to help!" Katara shot back, "Well you can't!" "What did they tell you?" Aang asked. "Nothing important." "You're lying!" Toph exclaimed. I felt my entire body shake, I have no idea of what to do or say. "Leave me alone!" I yelled, turning my back from them. I tried walking away but I then felt water consume my wrists. "You need to tell us Zuko! We need all the information we can get in order to stop these criminals!" Katara firmly responded. "Katara let go of him!" Sokka yelled entering the conversation. "I'm not telling you anything," I whispered, yanking my wrists away. "Zuko we ended the 100 year war together, whatever you are facing we can handle it together." Aang whispered. "This is different," Sokka then placed his hand on my shoulder. "Did they threaten our lives?" He asked quietly. My eyes widened allowing for so much fear to enter. "N-No," I stuttered. "He's lying," Toph whispered. "I-I am n-not," "Stop lying Zuko!" Katara screamed. "Are they going to hurt you?" Sokka asked with his voice near the verge of breaking. "No, why would they hurt me?"Gosh what am I going to do?! How do I get myself out of this mess?!  I could feel my entire body shaking, what on earth am I going to do?! I looked over at Sokka expecting him to yell at me along with his sister, but instead he wrapped his arms around my body embracing me. "Zuko I understand that you are trying to protect us, however we need to protect you too." Sokka told me. "Well you don't need to because I'm not in danger." "That's a lie." Toph remarked, "NO IT'S NOT!" I screamed at her. Katara and Aang just gave each other a worried look. "I-I need to go." I said while pulling away from Sokka. But he grabbed my wrist firmly, pulling me closer to him. "Sokka let go," "I will but you need to promise me that you won't plan anything or do anything if I let go." "I promise," I looked into his eyes and could tell that he didn't buy it. So I reached forward and kissed him on the lips. "I promise," Sokka nodded and then slowly let me slip away from him. As I walked away I saw Toph's and Aang's jaws drop to the floor, making me realize what I have just done both externally and internally.