Chapter 15: We Have To Try

Dachi's POV

Lee asked Hindary and I to come speak with him in private. I'm not sure why though, probably to bad mouth the Fire Lord and Sokka. The three of us are the only ones who have ever stood up against Zuko and Sokka. The rest of the crew is refusing to talk about the incident, about being demoted three ranks, or about Fire Lord Zuko's disgusting personal life choices. I was still terrified from what happened this morning. The Fire Lord was seconds away from killing me! What on earth is wrong with him?  I thought as I entered a small dusty room in the basement of the ship. I didn't even know that this room existed until Lee pointed out to me. When I got there Hindary and Lee were already in a discussion. "I don't know Lee, it seems pretty sketchy." Hindary said, "What are you guys talking about?" I asked them. "I want both of you to join the Red Lotus Society. It's the organization that my cousin is a part of, the organization that almost killed Zuko and the one that kidnapped him." Lee explained, "That sounds cool." I replied, "It is however they want to get rid of all world leaders and monarchies. May I remind you that we work for the Fire Nation monarchy, if they succeed we'll lose our jobs." Hindary added, "Yeah but they want to kill that fagot Zuko!" Lee countered, "But Zuko is a good leader despite-" "You're kidding right? He almost killed me, Hindary! He burnt my shirt to a crisp all because I called him out on his unnatural life choices!" I yelled, "And he forced us all to apologize to his boy toy after we made him cry. He made it seem like we were in the wrong for not feeling comfortable being shirtless in front of a cock sucker!" Lee added. "You're both right, but what is the common denominator here?" Hindary rhetorically asked us. "Sokka," I whispered. "What are you implying?" Lee curiously asked. "Fire Lord Zuko, despite his life choices, is a good leader. Well was until he became so protective over that disgusting Watertribe boy. Zuko was able to end the war, and give up the colonies but at the same time keep our economy flourishing and keep our resources. By doing this he opened up international trade which has definitely helped my wife's family business and many other Fire Nation families. The problem isn't Zuko, the problem is Sokka. Sokka has so much power over our Fire Lord, he even somehow got Fire Lord Zuko into his bed and now the Fire Lord will do anything for him. If we take Sokka out of the equation, Zuko is no longer sleeping with another man, and can get back to business." Now that Hindary said it, everything was coming together. Clearly someone with royal blood isn't a fagot, Sokka must have converted him somehow using his savage ways. I always had a bad feeling about the Watertribes and now I know why. "So you are saying instead of joining the Red Lotus we should try to assassinate Sokka?" I asked, "That's exactly what I'm saying." "Hold up a second. If Sokka already converted Zuko to his savage ways even if we kill Sokka, won't Zuko still be a fagot? Sokka's death won't change that, it might instead make it worse." Lee reasoned, "I'm not sure, but I would feel more comfortable with Sokka out of the way. And if this doesn't cure Zuko then we can join the Red-whatever and get rid of him too." Hindary said. "Killing Sokka would cause major problems for us Hindary! He's the son of the Southern Watertribe Chief and his sister is dating the Avatar." Lee exclaimed. "Dachi what do you think we should do?" Hindary asked me. "To be honest I don't really know, I just want to stop serving a fagot. Though as much as I would love to kill Zuko I think Hindary is right, I think we need to eliminate Sokka." 

Sokka's POV

I walked out of the shower and saw that Zuko was already back working. He didn't even bother putting his hair up after his shower, which is definatley not a good sign despite him looking very attractive like this. I walked over to Zuko and wrapped my arms and legs around him sliding down behind him onto his chair. "Sokka get off of me, I need to work." "Again! We did four hours of paperwork alone yesterday and the day before all you did was work! Can't we rest please?" "No," "Whatever it is can wait, You're too soft to let go off," My voice was muffled from speaking into the back of Zuko's neck. "It can not wait Sokka, also don't you have some work that you need to finish before we reach Ba Sing Se? Let go of me," "I would rather hug you instead. Can I please stay?" "No," "I'll stop talking, I promise." He sighed, "Fine but you need to be silent." I smiled and wiggled even closer to him. "What's so important that you need to do now instead of listening to your awesome boyfriend?" I asked Zuko. "You agreed to stay quiet Sokka." He groaned. I took a deep breath inhaling Zuko's sweet smokey scent. "Just answer my question and I promise to shut up for a good 15 minutes." Zuko's body tensed up and I could feel the slightest tremor coming from him. I pulled back a little giving Zuko some space to breathe. "Zuko what's wrong?" "N-nothing, just go to sleep or something." "Zuko, what are you working on?" I asked him more firmly. He turned around to face me and I saw some uncertainty in his eyes however with each passing second they became slightly more confident. "I've been thinking a lot lately about us and our relationship. I really love you Sokka and I know that what I'm going to do is huge and I don't want to pressure or put you in an uncomfortable position, however in the long run I think it's a good thing. I'm doing this for us, but not only for just us. I want to make the Fire Nation a better place for everyone, and even though it will be super hard on me I need to do this for us, and for others like us. I've already made up my mind and I am going to do this despite the backlash that I will face. I am going to pass a new law that allows same gender couples to date in public and get married without being punished. I know it's super risky especially with how our loyal Fire Nation soldiers reacted to us being together and about how some people are starting to mistrust the Fire Nation Monarchy. But I really think that despite all of this, allowing people like us the opportunity to be free in their relationship is the right thing to do. Xuza informed me that currently if a same sex couple got married they could be executed, and if they got caught being intimate in public they would face severe repercussions. I just can't stand by and allow this sort of thing to continue especially since I am with you, and I just cannot bear the thought of someone like me being punished for loving the way I love you." Zuko's eyes never left mine and I felt my entire stomach being tied up in tight knots. My heart was beating out of my chest, this was huge. I honestly didn't know what to say, I just stared down at my boyfriend with my jaw on the ground. Zuko must have noticed this and looked very uncomfortable. I swallowed and then replied to him. "This is really big Zuko, are you sure you want to do this?" "Yes I do." He didn't even hesitate. "Then I'll be by your side the entire time," "Really?" I have no idea of what I am committing myself to. This seemed impossible and is going to receive so much backlash, however with the flicker of hope in Zuko's eyes and the sincerity in his voice, I know that I have to try. It's the right thing to do. "Of course, we are in this together. I love you Zuko and I am willing to try to make this happen." Zuko's facial expression was so sincere it made my entire body melt. "Thank you Sokka, I love you so, so much." I smiled and gave Zuko a quick kiss before melting into his back.