Introduction

Brooklyns POV: "I'M GOING TO LIVE WITH DAD AND JOHN B! IM SO SICK OF THIS, MOM! YOU ALWAYS SAY THAT YOU'LL STOP DRINKING, YOU'LL BREAK UP WITH TODD, YOU'LL KEEP A JOB. BUT YOU NEVER DO. I SEE THE BRUISES HE LEAVES ON YOU, AND YOU DONT EVEN SAY ANYTHING WHEN HE DOES IT TO BOTH OF US WHEN HE GETS ANGRY. ITS ENOUGH."

I never usually get angry like this and yell at anybody, let alone my mother but she's letting her boyfriend hit her, he started hitting me a few months ago and she never changes anything, so as a last resort she became an alcoholic. I just can't take it anymore I need to get out of here.

    I never really noticed that he was hitting her until i witnessed it myself. It was the first time i ever actually yelled at anybody. I used to care so much, I even called the cops once, but at this point I just take it, I don't fight back anymore because it doesn't bother me much anymore. of course cleaning it up after is annoying but what can you expect while pouring alcohol on open cuts and constantly hiding bruises.

     I only live with mom because the court decided it was fair that dad got John B and mom got me.

if I had it my way, I would've stayed with dad and John B, I haven't seen them since i was just a baby so It's not like I know them, but I still love them.
John B is a year older than me, meaning I was about 2 when I got taken away from dad. But now I'm 15 and taking care of myself and my mom, I work as a waitress at a local diner but I don't make much there so I babysit on the weekends to make extra money. by now there's about 2,250$ saved up in a shoe box in my closet, and I've decided that it's time for me to go back to the outer banks.

"LIKE HELL YOU ARE, YOURE ONLY FIFTEEN BROOKLYN! YOU ARENT GOING ANYWHERE. AND IF IT WEREN'T FOR TODD THEN WE'D BE OUT ON THE STREETS. HE ONLY LOSES HIS TEMPER BECAUSE YOURE A LITTLE BRAT AND PISS HIM OFF. I MEAN HONESTLY I SHOULD LET YOU LEAVE, WE'D BE A HELL OF A LOT BETTER WITH YOU GONE!"

ouch. I've heard mom say a lot of cruel things to me, but it never hurts any less. I need to leave. Like now, I refuse to let her see that she breaks me down.
"I mean it this time mom. I'm done. Done with you. Done with Todd. And I'm so done with taking care of you when you're too drunk to even breathe right. I was 8. 8 and taking care of the both of us. So I'm done. Because I was only 8 and paying the hospital bills after you decided to drive drunk and nearly killed your self."

Though I know it's me talking, my voice sounds foreign, almost like it wasn't even me. The girl from 2 hours ago, who was laughing on the phone with her friends is gone. Completely disappeared.
I look straight at her and see what almost looks like remorse in her eyes but only for a split second before her face went back to stone cold.
She tried to reply but she had nothing to say. she just cocked her hand back and backhanded me. wait- she hit me. she's never hit me. it's always been Todd. I can't even muster any words for her, i just look at her, turn around and run.

A/N~ hey guys! Idk how to feel about this but i'm excited to be starting this