Part 15

"So how's everything?"

You looked up from the food placed in front of you, "Whatcha mean?"

"Well, I haven't had a chance to talk with you," she sighed, "and even when I do, you are busy."

You hummed and looked back down. You mulled over your mom's statement. Mainly, in guilt. The food on your place was being pushed back and forth as you thought. She always did love interrogating you when you went to a restaurant.

"School has been busy, and I've been hanging with friends," you finally reply.

The look on her face displayed showed she didn't believe you at all, "How Craig? And Tweek?"

"Good, we had a little argument recently, but that's all," you smiled, trying to throw her off from asking more.

"Over what?"

You failed.

"Ah, just him getting in my dating life," you grumbled over the bit of food you just took.

"Honey," you looked up at her, "Craig's just looking out for you."

"Yeah well he needs to fuck off sometimes," you groan.

"Y/n."

"Sorry," you apologized for your language.

"You need to let people help you, and he's keeping you from heartbreak. You should be thankful."

You glared at your food, "I'm my own person, mom."

"Yes, but -"

"No buts mom," you interrupted, turning your glare to her, "I can do what I want, and he shouldn't get in the way. If I want to get hurt, I should be able to."

Her sharply saying your full name made you realize the death glare you were giving her. "I'm just suggesting. Heartbreak isn't fun." You sighed, fully prepared for the rate to come. "I was devastated when your father and I spilt. I wished someone would have steered me away from him. The only way I benefited from him was you," she took your hands in hers and smiled, "that's the only thing I would never want to not experience."

Anyway you would take this conversation would turn into her being upset, but you didn't really care. "I would prefer feeling something rather than nothing." Saying that made you shut off. You ignored anything said around you and just ate the food in front of you.

Tomorrow was Monday, so you were relieved. You wouldn't have to deal with your mom, especially after what you last said. You wouldn't have to be sober another night till she came back home. To your knowledge, she would be gone a month, abroad somewhere you didn't care to ask.

She's been everywhere. Everywhere but home. Her being gone hardly fazed you. You mainly enjoyed it. You loved her, and she loved you just as much as a child and their mom loved each other without knowing each other at all. A good mom but not a friend like you wished she was.

Zoned out from the moment you spoke during lunch to now, where you were laying in your bed. Staring at the ceiling. At least till your phone rang.

"What's up?"

You were shocked when a sob racked its way through the phone. Immediately sitting up straight. "I fucked up," Wendy croaked out, "I'm sorry, I know it's inconvenient I just," she hiccuped, "I need someone."

"I'll be right over, don't worry about it," you reassured, "What's wrong though."

Her deep breaths came threw the phone before she found the right words, "Stan and I argued again and, and I just need someones opinion. Someone who knows him."