13) Static

I carefully wiggled my way into the jeans. They were a bit tight, but it wasn't unbearable. Besides, they weren't covered in blood. That's all I truly cared about.

"Hey. We have to go,"Someone yelled, banging on the door hard enough to shake it. I opened it to see Minho standing there panicked and red faced.

"What happened?"I asked.

"I'll explain later. Just come on,"He urged, grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the room. I did my best to keep up with the Runners speed. He seemed to notice me struggling because he slowed down.

"Wait! Where's everyone else?"I asked.

"They're outside. Just quit thinking and run."

Aris! What the hell is going on?

There was nothing but some kind of static noise. It got louder and echoed through my head. If static could scream this is what it would be like.

Aris! The connection's messing up again!

There was more static. It felt like it was blinding my vision. A ringing went though my head. My head felt like it was going to explode any minute. There was a pain behind my eyes making it hard to see.

aris

"Come on. Y/N!"Minho yelled.

"Trying. I'm running."

"No! You're laying on the ground!"

"I'm running,"I muttered.

I felt his strong arms wrap around my shoulders. He dragged my feet along the ground. I didn't bother to say anything. I don't know what was happening. My body felt like it had gone numb.

it hurts, aris

Aris P.O.V

I observed the painting and brushed my fingers over the letters. They were carved into the cold metal.

"Aris. Come on,"Shane hissed.

"Why?"I asked, not truly concerned about it.

"WICKED Workers are here. We have to go,"He urged.

A thought crossed my mind.

"They already know about us. We need Y/N."

"They have weapons. Besides, she can take care of herself,"He argued.

"How do those sentences combined make sense you idiot?!"

"Fine. I'm dragging you out."

Before I could protest he picked me up by my collar and threw me over his shoulder. I pathetically tried to kick my way out, but he was unbothered. There was nothing I could do to help her physically. I wasn't going to be able to protect her, and it was all his fault.

Y/N! WICKED Workers are here! You have to leave!

I waited for her answer. She needed to know. I needed to know she was okay. I can't explain it, and there's no time to think about why. I just need her to stay alive.

What if they already had her? What if she was hurt again? That's the only reason it went weird last time. What if she was bleeding on the ground just like Rachel?