28) Nails In The Coffin

Aris's P.O.V

I sighed as I sat on the rock opposite of Teresa. Neither of us said anything as we thought about what we were about to do. Something terrible but something we truly didn't have a choice in.

"You've got your dagger, right?"She asked quietly. I nodded and held it in my hand. I still don't even know why we were supposed to do this, but here we are.

"Stop,"Thomas said from a distance. She nodded as I walked a few paces back.

Craning her neck to make sure I was far enough Teresa stepped out and looked at both of them. Meanwhile I had my weapon out, ready to use it. Ready to pretend I would stab someone deep enough to kill them.

"You two are coming with us,"She demanded, forcing hatred in her voice.

"Us?"Thomas questioned.

Silently but swiftly I wrapped my arms around Y/N's throat. Once I felt her freeze I pressed my dagger into her back.

"If you run we stab your little friend,"She said, cocking her head over to Y/N. This time she showed no reaction, seeming indifferent to the 'news'. She couldn't know it was false. She had to think I wouldn't hesitate to slit her throat.

"It looks like you were right Aris. She did follow him."

"I told you I knew what I was doing, didn't I?"

If she thought anything about my words she didn't show it. I knew if she didn't I would have to take this further. All I can do it hope it doesn't come to that.

"Teresa, what is-"
"Shut up. Not another word,"She interrupted. She went to fulfill her part as she placed her dagger against Thomas's chest.

"And if you run you'll find yourself at the end of this,"I threatened, resisting the urge to run my fingers over her neck and tell her it was a ruse. Resisting the urge to tell her it was all going to be okay.

"Because I have so many places to run,"She deadpanned, yet still managing to fill her tone with sarcasm. How far was she going to make me take this?

"Drop the attitude. We all know who's in control,"Teresa snapped. Words I was all too familiar with.

"What interesting words. I wonder if anyone here has heard them. Maybe they were even said against a building."

It was almost like she could read my mind, but I knew that was ridiculous. If she did she'd stop speaking all together. She'd understand all of this was fake. That was an unimaginable but lovely daydream.

"Stop talking,"Thomas begged.

"About time you grew some brains. Come on Aris. You can be in charge of the girl. I'll handle Tom."

"Gladly,"I responded, resisting the urge to cringe at my words.

I should have seen this coming. It was you after all.

Just stop talking.

I'm not talking.

Stop, okay?It's not going to change anything.

I took a breath as I kept pushing her forward. I hope she didn't hear it because she can't know yet. Not if I want her to stay, and right now that was all I wanted. It was the only thing truly keeping me going.

I am oh so sorry then.

I knew what my instructions were. Despicable ones but instructions nonetheless. Quickly I made the most shallow cut I could on her arm. She stiffened for a second but didn't do anything else. Please tell me this finally got to her so I didn't have to do much else. So I didn't have to use everything she said against her because that was something she'd truly never forgive me for. That would be the nail in the coffin for us, if there ever was an us.