17) Unexplainable Feelings

There were thousands of words that could describe the next day, and none of them were good. Despite Jorge being very clear to stay with your partner Aris and I were almost five feet apart. I had to keep reminding myself what it was for. He was saving my life. I have no reason to feel nervous just because he's close to me.

"We barely even have a day left. Doesn't that feel great?"Jorge asked. I gave awkward thumbs up.

"Don't you all look enthusiastic? You guys really need to get some more energy. Even the cranks had more fun."

"Somehow, I highly doubt it,"I mumbled under my breath. Thankfully, no one around me heard.

He doesn't think before he talks, does he?

Damn it Aris. He always does this. I don't know exactly what it was, but he does.

Is your leg still okay?

It's fine. Stop worrying. I can take care of myself.

I know, but I'm just...

He didn't finish. I knew it'd be best if I didn't ask, but I needed to know.

You're just what?

Worried. I just want you to be okay.

On a scale of one to ten how bad would it be that I felt my face burn? I'm putting it at an eleven. Then again I said the exact same thing, but why? Why couldn't I figure out exactly what I was feeling? Is there even anything to feel though? There shouldn't be.

I'm okay Aris. I promise.

You'd tell me if you weren't, right?

Do you want an honest answer?

Yes.

Probably not. I told you. I don't do that.

Y/N, that doesn't sound very fair to yourself.

Life isn't fair Aris. I'm sure you know that.

I do.

"That's better. It's about time you two forget about yesterday,"Jorge spoke up. I curled my lips in distaste and annoyance. We were finally talking, and he had to go and ruin it. Honestly, I don't know if it's a good thing since it could stop me from pulling myself deeper into this rabbit hole. It was a mess. What a stupid thing to start it to. It was just a kiss so I wouldn't die, but it was also my first kiss. What scares me is I didn't exactly hate it. I don't know what I felt about it.

"We're stopping for now. There's not another somewhat safe place for a while."

The group was divided on whether this was good or bad. I didn't have any real thoughts on it. How could I when they were plagued with thoughts of him? It wasn't even the kiss. Sure, that was huge, but so many other things were there. The way his fingertips felt when they first touched me neck, the way I reached out for comfort when he was stitching me up, the way he distracted me, and those nights shared with different things for warmth. He put his hoodie on me while I was a total stranger who obviously didn't like him. I didn't even have a second thought when he held me for warmth. My head was a mess for no reason. There's nothing between us. He knows it to, right?

"Do you plan on eating?"Minho asked.

"No. I still feel a bit weird,"I shrugged, using passing out as an excuse. It wasn't a total lie. Something was definitely off with me.

Do you actually? Because I feel fine. I thought it was the connection.

It's probably something else.