thirty-two

...

michael dreaded school.

the only good side to going there everyday was so he could see ace. the raven-haired boy always knew how to cheer michael up.

"morning, bud." ace skipped up to him, his usual smile covering half his face.

"hey. how was break for you?" michael responded, taking his history book out of his locker.

"liam and I had a lot more sex than usual. I think he wants a kid but he's not saying anything."

michael raised his eyebrows curiously.

"h-he wants a kid? ace, you're too young to carry, aren't you?"

ace shrugged, "I'm seventeen. I think the youngest furry to carry and survive is, like, fourteen."

"but still."

ace had made it a habit to walk michael to class in the morning, since his class was only three classrooms down anyway.

"I know. I want to bring it up during dinner but I feel like he'd get mad I'm assuming such a thing."

"if you're curious about it, just ask if he wants kids... you know... eventually."

ace hummed in agreement, "I'll think about it. see you after class."

michael waved bye to his friend and walked into the classroom, trying his hardest not to groan.

*

after school, luke had michael come down to the living room.

"baby, you know about the business trip that was supposed to happen in two weeks?"

michael nodded, smile fading a bit.

"they need me a little sooner than that."

michael stopped smiling completely.

"oh."

"I'm sorry, kitten, it... it's work." luke got up to sit closer to michael on the couch, tugging at his legs so he was facing him.

"I know." michael whispered, head looking at his hands.

"I'm leaving tomorrow." luke said, trying to get michael to look at him. michael's heart sank.

"how long will you be gone?" he asked in a hushed voice, not totally sure if he wanted to know how long luke was gonna be away from him.

"about a week, baby."

michael suddenly got an idea, ears perking up a little.

"what if I just went with you?"

luke looked at him for a second before shaking his head, and michael fell back into his small pit of sadness.

"you would miss a whole week of school. plus, I've already set up someone to watch you."

michael nodded, climbing into luke's arms and cuddling into his chest. "who?"

"it was a sudden change, okay? I needed someone and he was the first person I thought of."

"who is it?" michael asked, eyes looking up at luke in concern.

"calum, the guy you met in the coffee shop. now, I know you don't know him too well, kitten, but he has a furry and I thought..."

luke's voice was drowned out by michael's thoughts.

luke was sending him to his old owner's house?

how would calum act when they were alone?

how would britt act when they were alone?

michael suddenly hugged closer to luke's chest.

"please just cancel with them, lukey, I wanna go with you on the trip, please."

luke sighed, "baby, it's not just any trip. I need to focus on my work, plus if you come I'll be stuck in meetings all day and you'll be in the hotel room by yourself. I want you to stay home."

michael sighed, giving up. "okay."

he sank into luke's torso, holding him around the waist tightly. he didn't want to see calum. he didn't want to spent a week with him nor britt.

all he wanted was luke.

luke sighed, "I'm sorry, kitten. I really am."

"it's fine." michael said quietly.

it wasn't fine.

-

cAUS E IM NOT FINE AT ALL

okay tell me what u think of dis chapter now go!!

ALsO are you a dog or cat person?

personally dog person,,,,, (awkward bc the title of this story is kitten) but, like, cats are pretty cool. im allergic to both so looollllll