fourty-five

...

three(ish) months into the pregnancy. 

michael's organs are pushed high up in his torso, his baby bump has grown so much during the past couple weeks. the baby is almost fully formed. they yawn, they kick. and michael's body is preparing to give birth. he's swelling on his feet, and has to lie down at times. he has gained about twenty-five pounds, and the baby isn't even finished growing yet. 

"so... doc... what do you see?" 

luke was sitting anxiously beside michael and the furry doctor. michael was laying down and the doctor had put his slimy substance on his tummy, then put some type of machine over it. the machine sensed the baby, and displayed a picture of them on a monitor beside them.

"your baby is healthy and strong. should I check the gender or would you like for it to be a surprise?"

luke glanced at michael for approval. the kitten boy nodded happily, smiling at his lover. "we'd like to know, doctor."

it took the man a second fiddling with the machine. "it's a girl. and she's perfectly healthy." the doctor drew in a breath and smiled, "congratulations, you two."

michael squeezed luke's hand. they were having a baby girl.

-

"can we paint your old bedroom pink?" michael asked with starry eyes.

he was holding hands with his lover as they walked into their home. of course luke nodded, saying how michael could do all of the decorating in the baby's room. michael squealed, joining luke on the couch as the older boy sat down. he straddled him, the bump making it harder for michael to press his chest against luke's, but neither of them cared. luke looked down at michael's bump, placing his hands on it and rubbing circles onto his skin there. michael hummed.

"I'm so ready to have this baby with you, michael. I'm so glad we're having a kid." luke said, placing a kiss on michael's cheek.

suddenly, michael is taken back to his stay with calum and he becomes breathless, the room suddenly spinning.

"michael?" luke said, leaning forward and rubbing his kitten on the back. "are you okay?"

michael shook his head, hands going over his mouth as he jumps off luke and hobbles to the bathroom best he can, leaning over the toilet bowl and emptying his stomach. luke was there a second later, rubbing his back and whispering to him that it was going to be okay.

michael curls into him on the bathroom floor, sobbing and shaking and when luke asked him what was wrong he shook his head, not daring to say what he was thinking, what he knew was going to happen in a matter of weeks.

he was going to have calum's baby.

end of book one.

keep a look out for the sequel: scaredy cat :)

sorry for such a shitty ending to an okay book I hope some of you guys will keep reading to the next one. thanks for all the support I love you guys x