1-0-1: #3 North Dakota Fighting Hawks

After a goalie duel last Sunday, the Quinnipiac Bobcats head to Grand Forks,North Dakota to play the number three nationally ranked North Dakota Fighting Hawks this weekend. With 8:44 left in the first period, Joey Cipollone scored his first goal of the season his first goal of the season to make it 1-0 Quinnipiac. With 3:18 left in the first period, Christophe Tellier scored his second goal of the season to make it 2-0 Bobcats. With 51 seconds left in the first period, Jacob Quillan scored his first goal of the season to make it 3-0 for Coach Pecknold's Bobcats. Yaniv Perets and Drew DeRidder matched zeros for the remainder of the period so, Quinnipiac leads 3-0 heading to the second period. North Dakota coach Brad Berry pulled Drew DeRidder out of the net and so, Jakob Hellsten filled in for the remainder of the game. With 17:08 left in the second period, Dylan James scored to make it 3-1 Bobcats. With 11:05 left in the second period, TJ Friedman scored his first goal of the season to make it 4-1 Quinnipiac. With 3:39 left in the second period, Riese Gaber scored to make it 4-2 for Coach Pecknold's Bobcats. Perets and Hellsten matched zeros for the remainder of the period so, the score remains 4-2 heading to the third period. With 14:05 left in the third period, Jackson Blake scored to make it 4-3 Quinnipiac. With 12:17 left in the third period, Chris Jandric scored to tie the game 4-4. With 11:43 left in the third period, Gavin Hain scored to make it 5-4 North Dakota. With 9:35 left in the third period, CJ McGee scored to tie the game 5-5. Perets and Hellsten matched zeros for the remainder of regulation so, 5-5 remains our score and as a result, we'll play extra hockey tonight. Perets and Hellsten canceled each other out and we'll skate to a 5-5, overtime tie. Quinnipiac shifted to 1-0-2 on the season.