Does Anyone Want Some Bread, In Bed?

Embry

I was anxious as we drove to Grams' and Grandad's house in Cameron's car. Juliet had agreed to be our chaperone, since it was now one of dad's stupid rules. I couldn't believe I was actually going to do this. I wondered what everyone else was going to say. Would they accept us as a couple?

Cameron parked by the curb outside the house and we got out. Everyone else was already here as we made our way to the pool. Cameron grabbed my hand as we walked through the kitchen and gave it a reassuring squeeze. All my siblings and cousins were in the pool playing volleyball. The adults were sitting off to the side of the pool talking.

Cameron and I walked over still holding hands, and Uncle Ellington looked up at us, then down at our hands. My dad sighed. He knew what was coming. I wanted to do it now before I lost my nerve. I just stood there as they all looked at our hands.

"Where's Grams?" I asked.

"She just went to the kitchen to check on dinner," Grandad told me.

"I need to talk to all of you. I can only say it once," I said.

Grams came back and sat beside Grandad. "Okay Embry what's up baby?"

She glanced down at mine and Cameron's hands and back up to my face. I felt sweat bead up on my forehead. I was sure my palms were sweaty, but Cameron didn't let go of my hand.

"You can do it Embry," my dad surprised me.

I turned my head to look at him. Since when was he encouraging about this? Did he want to throw me to the vultures? I was confused why he was suddenly so supportive. I looked away and focused on the tree over Grams' head.

"For the past two years Cameron and I have been more than just friends. I'm gay, and I knew it before I started dating Cameron. I just wanted to be out and for everyone to know," I explained.

"Oh baby was that your big news? I don't speak for everyone, but I already knew that," Grams said.

"Okay who else fucking knew?" dad asked.

I grinned as everyone raised their hands. So I wasn't hiding anything from them.

"Are you guys serious? He's my damn son and I was the only one who didn't know?" dad pouted.

"You really had no idea?" Uncle Rocky asked.

"Not until Montague said something Friday night," dad said.

"Wow Ross!" Aunt Rydel said. "All you have to do is watch them together."

"So all of you are okay with this?" dad asked.

"I made the mistake with you and Victoria of trying to come between you because I thought she was too young for you. It took us too long to mend our relationship. I won't make that same mistake with my grandson," Grandad said.

After that Grams said it was time to eat. We went into the kitchen and grabbed plates. There was lasagna, salad, and the most delicious garlic bread ever that Grams made fresh. As soon as we were done eating the adults went in the house leaving all the kids outside.

(A/N: From this point on this chapter will be in third person)

"I found this in my mom and dad's old pictures," Dacia said as she pulled out her cell phone and showed us a picture of Uncle Ellington with a shaved head.

Everyone busted out laughing.

"Okay but why is his head shaved? Why would he do that?" Ryssa questioned.