The Radio Disney Music Awards

A/N: I don't own the song "Crush on You" by The Jets. But thought it was the perfect song to win the best crush song award and for the band to sing.

Romeo

I will admit when I asked my probation officer if I could have the day off of community service and a little more time off house arrest for the Radio Disney Music Awards, I thought he would say no. When he said yes I was thrilled.

Now that I was here I wasn't so thrilled. I felt like I was in a fish bowl. Everyone was staring at me and whispering behind my back. I wanted to be here to support my siblings and cousins but I was beginning to think this was a mistake. I watched as they took pictures on the red carpet and thought about how I could have been up there if I hadn't of messed up.

Then I spotted her. The pink hair was hard to miss. I forgot for a minute about the ankle bracelet and having to be chaperoned today as I started to walk towards her. I got like four steps away before my mom grabbed my wrist.

"Where do you think you're going?" my mom asked.

"To see an old friend," I looked at her with pleading eyes.

She sighed. "Go," she said.

She let go of my arm and I started walking towards her again. I noticed my mom was a few steps behind me, close but not too close. As I got closer I noticed she was talking to Caroline.

"Hi Romeo how are you?" Caroline asked.

"I'll be great in another eleven months," I commented never taking my eyes from Mabel. I thought about her daily. I wondered where she was and what she was doing. I never knew she knew Caroline though. It kind of gave me hope that when I got this thing off if Caroline and Emerson were still dating maybe I would see her again.

"This is my friend, Mabel. She's been playing my best friend on the show too," Caroline introduced us.

Oh fuck my life! Not only was she her best friend she was on Life with Daxton. At that moment I wanted to die. Not only could I have been dating her we could have worked together too.

"We've met," Mabel said.

"How've you been?" I asked.

"Good, I've been wanting to talk to you to say I'm sorry but my father wouldn't let me see you," Mabel looked down at her feet.

"Yeah I've been kind of tied up too," I said motioning to my ankle bracelet.

"So what happened exactly?" she asked.

Since it sort of involved her I didn't mind telling her. "Basically someone in one of the cars involved in the accident died. They said it was my fault, so I plead guilty to gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated. My punishment was be on house arrest for eighteen months and community service every Saturday. So this is pretty much the first time I've been out of the house besides community service and school since October," I explained.

"Wow I really am sorry," Mabel said.

"It wasn't your fault," I assured her.

I looked up from Mabel and noticed my dad coming towards me. He reached me and grabbed my arm. He yanked me away and was walking so fast my mom had to almost run to keep up with him. When we were a good distance away from Mabel and Caroline he spoke.

"Who saw you talking to her?"

"I don't know why? What the fuck is going on? Why are you so freaked out?" I asked.

"Her dad has a restraining order against you. You just violated probation!" my dad declared.

"I didn't know that's who she was," my mom said. "I just thought she was Caroline's friend."