Chapter 11- Canceling

You were now eagerly waiting for Tuesday to roll around. It was exciting to finally get to meet the woman in person who has already been a big part of your day-to-day life since the day you moved to Jericho. At times it even felt like you were waiting to meet a celebrity not just a woman who is just mostly known about stupid murder accusations and the leadership at a school.

   The weekend had finally arrived and you were so glad that you didn't need to work on the weekends and because of that your whole heart and soul went out for Margaret. Mostly for the whole day of Saturday you just slept around and didn't do anything, you even didn't change from your pajamas until close to 4 pm. Still, you tried to do something productive, and the one thing that came as a passion of yours was baking. You preferred baking over cooking so you decided to make yourself little cupcakes to celebrate everything that was going on right in your life. You were starting to finally feel like a responsible adult, you had a job, you needed to buy your own groceries, clean the house, and take care of yourself and no one was there to help you, and for a surprise, you managed to do all of those things without any problems.

   But when Sunday came you decided to be more productive, you woke up at 9 am and quickly got yourself ready. You had decided to go and explore Jericho a little bit more because even tho Jericho seemed to be a small city there was a lot to see and it felt like you hadn't even explored half of it. So you got your stuff and were out of the door, the first stop being Weathervane.

   One big reason why you were going to Westhervane in the first place was to say hi to Tyler because sometimes he was the only person you had a genuine conversation with, which helped you to keep your sanity. But when you stepped into the coffee shop you didn't see him, at first concern was on your mind, but quickly the bad thoughts dyed down as you realized it was Sunday and he was probably sleeping. So you quickly ordered your coffee and when you got it you turned around to walk away when in front of you was already standing Thornhill, who gave you a little fright from the sudden approach.

   "GOD, hi..." You felt your stomach turn a little from the ginger woman who had so quietly sneaked up behind and probably wasn't even planning on giving you a mini heart attack, "next time don't sneak up behind me like that, my heart won't handle this." "Oh, I'm sorry dear, next time I will make sure to tap you on the shoulder.'' She said as she herself walked up to the counter, so you wouldn't go anywhere she continued the conversation. ''So? How is the letter delivery going? Did you manage to give back?'' ''No...not yet, she has a pretty tight schedule as it turns out.'' You grip your coffee cup tighter as you say it because now you were fully aware that in two days you would meet Larissa Weems right here in this coffee shop. 

   ''Yes, indeed she has been very busy in the past few weeks, especially since the new student arrived not so long ago...'' Marilyn Thornhill said as she received her ordered drink now as well. ''Really? Are they a troublemaker of some sort?'' You asked now really hoping to be filled in about the new student of Nevermore. ''I guess you can say so, she is a special case for this school...and for principal Weems herself." "Can I ask what has she been up to? And why a special case, especially for her?" Now you had gotten very curious and any bit of information about Larissa Weems was special to you. "From what I have heard of, Wednesday, that's the girl's name is a daughter of a former student who used to attend Nevermore at the same time as Principal Weems did and I guess something happened between them, and Wednesday's is somewhat dragged into it," Marliyn said as you just kept on listening to what she had to say because the information you where receiving was absolutely worth listening to.

   "Can I ask, what happened between them exactly?" "Well I am not sure, but from what I can see I think it was just a really good and strong friendship falling apart, I try not to get in between their personal business, I just know that they used to be roommates," Thornhill said as you just kept nodding your head carefully listening. "Ahh, I see."

   You and Marilyn continued chatting and walking around Jericho completely forgetting your original plan of exploring it. The down part of this walk was that right now you both were walking through the streets you had already seen, but you didn't care, as long as you had someone to spend the time with. And that is how your Sunday went, you weren't planning to spend the whole day with Thornhill, and every time you tried to excuse yourself, she almost made you stay like she didn't want for you to leave, so you only saw your apartment after 6. God knows how much you walked that day and still didn't see anything new in Jericho.

   No walk had ever torn you apart this much, so almost the first thing that you did after stepping into your apartment was crash onto your bed to regain strength. But unnoticeably you fell asleep just minutes after laying down it was a surprise you even managed to make it to your bedroom and didn't fall asleep right there and then on the floor.

   Yet so suddenly a ringing sound pulled you awake, an annoying sound that in your still sleepy brain sounded ten times louder. So you thought it was your alarm and the day was already Monday, you turned to your side to turn the annoying music off, but just seconds almost milliseconds before pressing something on your phone you notice that it wasn't your alarm. Instead, Larissa Weems was calling you after 8 pm, which came as a big shock for you, but you still not wasting any of the limited time you got picked up.

"He-hello?" You speak with a slightly groggy voice trying your best to not sound sleepy.

"Good evening Y/n, I deeply apologize for calling on a Sunday." The woman who was speaking on the phone wasn't tired at all, instead, she sounded more agitated and in full work mode.

"It is nothing, anyone can call me whenever." After you said it you yawn, which you didn't intend to do, but now that it was done there was no going back.

"Where are you sleeping? Did I wake you up?" Immediately her tone changed to a softer one which you usually preferred, but maybe now she could have kept the more harsh voice because then she wouldn't basically talk you back into sleep with her sweet voice.

"Yes, b-but I shouldn't have been sleeping anyways." You awkwardly reply to not make her feel bad while still physically trying to keep your eyes open for a matter of time.

"No, no, sleep is important especially if you have work tomorrow and that is why I won't hold you much longer." She said, and even tho you still hadn't met her in person she seemed to be a caring human being from what you had heard now or from other sources.

"Umm...okay?" You reply not really knowing what else to say.

"It is not typically in my style, but unfortunately we will have to cancel on Tuesday," Larissa said which immediately piqued your interest.

"Can I ask why?" You did want to seem rude and demand the reason from her because maybe something bad had happened or something else, but you still wanted to know.

"Some important business came up, and I would need to leave Jericho for days coming. It is in my deepest regrets that I won't be able to make it."

"Oh, no, it is fine, we can always plan another day when I can give you that letter, it is not like Tuesday was the only day when to give it back, and if I didn't give it back some powers bigger than us, would curse me." You chuckled because that was the way for you how to deal with situations like these, bringing out your shifty humor that only you laughed about.

"Oh really, have you been cursed before?" To your surprise, Larissa giggled a little as well easing this situation a ton.

"For sure! Once someone cursed me in eternal deep sleep that only a true love's kiss would break!" I said referencing the movie 'Sleeping Beauty' obviously joking and hoping for the woman to understand it as well.

"I'm scared to whether believe you or not, knowing that these things are possible, especially at Nevermore." It seemed like you had made her day a tad bit better. "All right then, I won't hold you any longer and will let you go back to sleep."

"Okay, you just inform me about the new time and day."

"Yes of course, but now good night Y/n, sleep well."

"You too." And you hung up. You wanted for this conversation to last longer but you were so tired that you could even bearly think. You were so tired that you had a feeling that the next morning you might even forget the fact that you even had this call. But not even a minute passed when you were already asleep.

Authors note:

Some chapters might be longer, so hope that is good.