7. Dancing

I took a step back as I finished Dani's makeup. I grinned, proud of myself. Not that she needed a lot of makeup, but I was proud of what I had done to her. "Dani, you look so hot." I laughed.

I watched her spin around so she could face the mirror in the bathroom we were standing in, her eyes going wide. "Avery! Oh my god, I forgot how much I loved when you do my makeup." She looked at herself over again and smiled.

"My brother is going to drop to his knees when he sees you, especially in the dress! You have to go put it on!" I pushed her out of the bathroom, pointing to the pink sequin dress I pulled out of my luggage. It was a one shoulder dress with a long poofy sleeve, the side that had the sleeve also had a cut out in the mid section. I closed the bathroom door so that she could get dressed and finished touching up my own makeup. I was excited to go out tonight with everyone.

Everyone had been so busy this week, working and doing things to prepare for the wedding that I found myself feeling a bit lonely and bored. I tried to stay out of the way so that I didn't interfere with what everyone was doing. Dani had been asking for my opinion on certain things, but other than that I had been basically on my own for the week. Sawyer and I had a couple chats, but it felt like he'd been keeping his distance since the soccer game the week before.

"I'm done!" I heard her yell from the other side of the door, so I swung it open and gasped when I saw her.

"Oh yeah... on the floor, all night. Do I need to find another house to sleep in tonight? Like a million miles away from the two of you?" I asked with a smile.

Dani walked into the bathroom, giving the dress a small tug as she did. "Am I going to have to tug on this all night? I'm not used to wearing short dresses." She laughed.

I leaned against the door frame, watching her as she messed with her hair. "You'll get used to it. Trust me, it's worth it. Do you have a pair of tan heels to wear with it? They'd be perfect."

"Yeah, somewhere. I'll find them in a second."

I pushed myself off the door frame and smiled. "I'm going to go get changed, I'll be back in a couple minutes. If you can't find the shoes, let me know I think I brought home a pair." I said before making my way out of the basement and upstairs to the guest bedroom. I shut the door behind me when I walked in and stripped out of the clothes I was wearing. I picked up the dress I'd planned on wearing tonight and stepped into it. It was a light blue dress with long, mesh poofy sleeves to match the one Dani was wearing. Both the sleeves had little ties near the wrists to match the tie in the back. I shimmied into it and reached back in an attempt to not only tie the back but zip it up.

"Fuck," I mumbled to myself when I couldn't successfully do either one of those things. I slipped into a pair of silver heels and walked out of the bedroom so that I could have Dani help me.

Like clockwork, as I walked out of the bedroom, Sawyer was walking out of his dressed in a simple pair of khakis and a button down. He made even the simplest of outfits look so good. I quickly moved one of my hands to my back, holding the dress together from the back.

"Need some help?" He asked, noticing how quickly I'd moved to hold my dress together.

"Oh, I was actually going to ask Dani for help. You don't have to." I said, not wanting to make him help me.

Sawyer shook his head, taking a step closer to me. Instantly, I was able to smell that same cologne that he always wore. The one with Vanilla and something else, something woodsy. It still smelt just as heavenly as it did before. "It's fine, I can help. Turn around." His voice was soft, different.

I slowly turned around so that my back was to him. I let go of the dress and instead grabbed my hair, pulling it over my shoulder so that it wasn't in the way. The second I felt Sawyer's hands grip the zipper, I sucked in a breath. I hoped that it wasn't noticeable, but I'm sure that he noticed. He slowly pulled the zipper up until it reached its destination. His hands grazed the exposed part of my back as he moved them up to the strings that needed to be tied. He was silent the entire time, the only thing that could be heard was my shaky breathing. I felt goosebumps arise on my skin each place his hands touched, even if they barely grazed the spot. When he finished tying the strings together, he gently grabbed my hair and pulled it to the back where it had been placed before. I let out another breath before turning around to face him.