21. Games

Dani and I were sitting on the couch, waiting for Sawyer and Callum to return back home from picking up pizza. Dani and Callum were back from their honeymoon and I know it was only a matter of time before Dani fired a bunch of questions my way. When they first got home, they were the ones getting questions fired at them. I'd been so excited to hear all about their trip and they were both excited to share their adventures with us. They'd brought us both home a little gift, even though there was no reason for them to do it but the gesture was incredibly sweet.

Dinner came around and Sawyer offered to go pick up a couple pizza's for us. Callum, having not seen his best friend in a couple of weeks, said he'd tag along. Sawyer looked slightly nervous to go, but he agreed and the two of them left about 15 minutes ago. I tried to continue asking Dani questions, trying to get her to show me more pictures to keep the focus on her rather than myself.

"So are you going to tell me why Sawyer looked like he was going to throw up when Callum said he'd go with him to get pizza?" Dani asked as she scrolled through the pictures on her phone.

"I have no idea what you're talking about." I lied.

Dani put her phone down, narrowing her eyes at me. "You're so lying. What is he hiding from your brother?"

I scooted away from her, resting back on the sofa. "Who said he's hiding anything?" I asked, not wanting to give into her even though I knew that she knew something was up.

"Callum may not have noticed it, but he's a boy. I'm not, he's been tense since we got back and the second he was able to get out of the house he was excited. Callum mentioned coming with him and he looked like a deer in the headlights." She said with a laugh. "So let me ask again, what is he hiding from your brother?"

I folded my arms, trying to decide the best way to go about telling her everything. "What isn't he hiding..." I started with a small laugh.

Dani waited for me to elaborate, but I didn't right away. "Did you have sex with him?"

I didn't answer.

"You did! How many times? When did it start?!" She exclaimed, firing off the questions exactly like I expected her to.

"Uhhh, I mean like.. we fooled around after you guys had your makeshift bachelor and bachelorette parties... but uhh, we had sex... the night of your wedding?" I confessed with less confidence than I had when I spoke to Larissa about everything.

Dani's eyes went wide. "First of all, you messed around with him before my wedding and you didn't tell me?!"

I shrugged. "You were occupied with the wedding, didn't think it was the right time."

She rolled her eyes. "Ugh. So you hooked up after the wedding. Was that it? Was it just that one time? Are you dating now?" She questioned.

I ran a hand through my hair, unsure of how to answer her question. "No, that was not it. We hooked up.... multiple times while you guys were gone." I said with a breathy laugh. That part was the easy part to talk about, it seemed to be the only thing that wasn't confusing. Sawyer was pretty vocal with me about his want to hook up, it was anything past that which left me in a puddle of confusion.

"But no, we aren't dating. I really don't know what we are." I revealed. 

"What do you mean? Are you like friends with benefits or something?" She asked me.

I let out a small groan. I actually hated that term and I didn't want to be considered friends with benefits with Sawyer, but at this moment in time that was precisely what we were. We hadn't really spoken about what our relationship was past the physical part of it. I knew that he told me there was a possibility of us dating, but we really hadn't discussed anything further.