Chapter 31

Jai's POV

I wake up to the ear-piercing sound of my alarm clock; a whole bunch of ducks quacking in harmony. Don't judge me. It definitely works, coming into my dreams and causing me to shoot my eyes open in fright. Irritably, I sit up and rub the small crumbs of sleep from my eyes. Then smack the top of my alarm clock to stop it from continuing the annoying sound.

The bright sun shines through my window causing me to squint. I groan and stand up from my bed. It has been two days since my conversation with Ariana and I'm still a little contradicted.

I had my chance, but I blew it. I think it was the right choice but yet I think it was the wrong choice. I just rushed to hang up the phone.

The only reason I hung up with her was to protect her. Of course she tried to commit suicide because we broke up and other stuff, in the first place, but I also don't do much to help her when I'm around her. What I mean is, I cause problems and I've fractured her life. I don't want to hurt her. I never intended to.

I'm probably a huge jerk though. I told her that I love her not a long time ago and now I'm practically messing with her emotions. All this deep thought shiz is making me exhausted...I feel like I'm losing my head.

Some Starbucks will cheer me up. Don't judge...a guy can be sorta obsessed with Starbucks too.

***

When I arrive at Starbucks in my recently washed white car, I can see a large crowd inside. Grumpily, knowing that it'll probably take forever to get my drink, I stomp inside the coffee shop.

The crowd consists of young teenage girls, squealing as they surround a person. It is a woman with a plain white crop top that complements her shapely body with a vibrant hot pink jacket that was as short as the crop top. On the bottom she wears denim navy blue skinny jeans. Her head covered with her hood, she looks up and smiles at the young girls. oh god.

It was Ari. Of course she'd come to Starbucks when I decide to because apparently that's my life. I look down at the burgundy tile floor and rush past everyone. All the people seem to be more interested in Ariana, so there was only two people in the line in front of me. Yet, I tap my feet impatiently, not wanting Ari to spot me. I know that will cause a situation that I don't want to do deal with, so I continue to keep my face down.

When I come to the front of the line, I approach a lady with a section of pink on the left side of her thin dusty brown hair. The expression on her face and tone of her voice implied that she could care less about her job. She asked me my name, to write on the cup, and what I wanted to order, which was a Caramel Frappucino. Again, don't judgeee. She then tells me that my drink will be ready in a few minutes.

I wait at a green circular table that was set next to a tall, large window. I pull my hood up, that is attached to the black sweatshirt I have on, above my head. Looking out the window, I see the reflection of the mob and find Ariana's eyes wander over to my table. Luckily, my back is turned toward Ariana so that she can't see my face but I look down in case she can make out my face through the glass in front of me.

When about two minutes pass by, i hear a yell from the counter. Oh my god.

"Jai! Your order is ready!" Too stunned to move, I sit still. "Jai!" The woman at the counter calls out again. I quickly jump up and grab my drink which has, 'Jay' written in black Sharpie but why would I even expect my name to be spelled right at Starbucks. Then I rush to the door.

With my hand on the handle, ready to pull open the door, I hear Ariana's voice.

"Jai!" She yells and I can hear her heels pounding the floor as she carefully runs toward me. I stand there and sigh.

"I guess I should've just sacrificed my drink," I say as she approaches.

"No, that wasn't your mistake. You were stupid enough to wear a jacket that says Daniels in bright bold white letters on the back while you were hiding from me," she pauses but then continues, "But why are you hiding anyways?"

I don't say anything, but instead let out a long sigh in response. I don't want to confront her about the reason why I didn't want to speak to her on the phone.

"Earth to Jai," Ariana waves her hand in front of my face snapping me back into reality and out of my blank stare.

"Well," I drawl, "Its just..I..I," I begin to feel a knot form in my throat.

Ariana looks down to her feet and I can hear her swallow then wince as if it was painful. Eventually, she nods. "You don't want to be with me?" I don't respond so she continues, "I'm not exactly saying we should be together but you don't have to avoid me."

"Um..," I quietly start.

"Whatever, I really don't care," she puts a hand up and still has her eyes on the ground. She begins to walk out the door.

"You didn't order a drink?" I ask, wondering why she would come here and not walk out with a drink in her hand.

She looks back, avoiding eye contact with me. "I don't..I..just gotta go," she rushes out. She walks across the parking lot...and no, she does not get hit by a car or anything like that. I wouldn't be surprised if she did though..stuff always happens to her when I'm around. She passes the parking lot and storms off on the sidewalk.

God, our relationship is effed up.

__________________________

Ariana:

Heyy sorry the update took a while..i had exams all week but my last day of school was Thursday SOOO i decided to update TODAY!! :) I think I'll update my other story too so CHECK FOR OTHER UPDATES!!

VOTE and COMMENT so I know you want me to continue this story!!! And obviously if you enjoyed it

Thanks for the support on this story! I try to get updates in the best I can...really.

I want to start a teen fiction soon because this story will be coming to an end soon. It'll feel so weird to not write this story though..but one day I hope to post a NEW Ariana Grande fanfic that's waaay better. this story basically had no plot...just full out drama lol.

Anyways if you read all of this than comment so I can tell you I love you!

Stay awkward Palm trees🌴🌴🌴

Byeeeeeeeeeeeee