Chapter 7

Ariana's POV

When we were done with our dinner, we ordered a dessert. Since the dessert was gonna take a while, we went over to the couch. It was like a love seat.

We sat down and he grabbed my hand and our fingers interlocked with each other.

I laid my head on his shoulder and smiled. We were probably both blushing and smiling.

"I like you," I say still smiling.

"Like?" he chucked, "What about-"

I interrupted him,"Love," I say softly, looking into Jai's eyes.

Jai's cheeks begin to turn bright pink and he was looking straight into my eyes.

I picked up my hand and put it onto his shoulder. He leans in and kisses me for probably a whole minute so that when we released, I couldn't breathe.

Jai put his arms around my waist and I laid my head on his chest. We sat there together waiting for our dessert.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>•<>•<>•

When we finished our dessert we got up and got ready to leave. I grabbed my purse and ran to Jai and held his hand. He just looked at me and smiled.

We left the Cheesecake Factory and went to the limo waiting for us.

"So how was your dinner?" The Italian chauffeur asked us.

"It was-" I interrupted Jai.

"Amazing," I wrap my arms around Jai's neck and kiss his cheek.

"Great, now I'll just take you guys home," the chauffeur smiles.

"Maybe I should come over your house!" Jai smiles with his mouth open.

"Whatcha you tryna do," I looked at him with my eyebrows raised.

"What?" Jai looks confused before he finally realizes what I'm thinking. "No no no, that's not what I mean!"

"Ok...good," I lay my head on his shoulder.

As soon as we get to my house I jump out the car and ran to The other side of the car.

When he opens his door, I grab his hand and pull him all the way to my front door.

I bring him to my room and show him everything.

"Dang, your house is like amazing!" Jai says looking around.

"It stopped looking amazing for me," I laugh.

"Ariana!" my mom yells,"come down please."

Something didn't sound right. my mom sounded kind of strange.

I ran out the room and down the stairs.

"What's wrong mom?" I say with a concerning voice.

My mom had tears running down her cheek and she started to talk. "Your Nona got in a car accident tonight," I hear a sob.

"Is she alright?" my eyes are wide.

"They said it was pretty bad, if she's alright she'll still have months or possibly years of therapy to get back to regular movement."

"Oh," this was all I could let out.

My mom sits on the couch and puts her hand to her face. I could hear some small sobs from her.

"It'll be alright mom...Nona will be alright," I rub my mom's back.

I go upstairs to Jai and is sitting on my bed with a book in his hand.

"Yeah, that's my songbook," I go sit next to him.

"When did you write these?" he asks.

"Years ago...maybe when I was like 13," I lay my head on his shoulder.

"They're awesome," Jai smiles,"Um, sorry about your grandma," he adds.

"It's nothing to be sorry about," I look into his sparkling eyes.

"So what should we do?" he asks plopping down on his back.

"We could watch a movie and you could sleepover!" I say excitedly.

"Okay, what movie?" he puts his finger on his cheek while he thought. "We should watch a scary movie so that you can get scared and I could comfort you."

"Oh please, ill be protecting you!" I laugh.

"We'll see!" Jai laughs also.