twenty nine

calum

we pour into mike's house, all together and laughing.
evie lags behind with the girls, giggling and smiling but blushing when i lock eyes with her.

"alright! non alcoholic beverages for mr hood." mike says, and i roll my eyes.
"i actually don't even want to drink, i just wanna play pool." i respond as we all gather in the kitchen.

i watch as evie pulls her heels off with the girls, all saying how bad their feet hurt.

evie's silk, black dress rides up slightly and my breath catches in my throat. i watch as she catches onto it quickly and shuffles it back down.

"evie, can you grab my phone?" ashton asks, realising that he kept it in sierras bag at dinner.
"why didn't you hold onto it?" i ask as mike hands me a non-alcoholic beer.
"my pants were too tight." ashton sighs with a chuckle.

i look back over at evie, who's bending over the couch to grab it.
i choke on my beer as i take a sip. it slightly drips out of my mouth, all because of her.

tan legs, the outline of her bum slightly under her dress and the skin exposed as she bends. i cough to cover up my stupidness, placing the beer down. evie stands back up with the phone, and walks over to ashton.

she hands him the phone with a smile, and he brings her into a hug. i watch them sway to the music, a twitch forming in my neck.

long enough hug, guys, cut it out.

just as i go to join, luke and crystal join their hug. mike stands with me, "such a good group, cal, we're so lucky."

i watch evie laugh with them, "i know. we are."

/

evie huffs as we walk into my apartment.
"what's wrong?" i ask, placing my keys on the doorway counter.
"i wanted to stay." she says, not being able to walk in a straight line. she's picked a fight with me the whole way home, she's the most drunk i've seen her in years.

i hear her go to my kitchen, "where's your booze?" she calls.
i chuckle, "down the drain." i follow behind her.
"lame." she says, i lean against the doorframe, watching her.
"cigarette?" she asks, searching around her. "where's my bag?"

i hold it up in my right hand, "over here."

she looks at me and smirks, "thank you."
"come get it." i start to walk outside, opening the sliding door and moving to the couch.

i hear her trail behind me, and it's warm outside. i turn a lamp on, illuminating my garden and the couch i just bought. the pool looks so pretty, glistening under the moonlight.
i sit down and go through her bag, pulling out her smokes and lighter.

"wanna share?" she slurs.
"you enjoy, hunny." i pass them to her.

she takes one out and lights it up, then staring at me.
"what?" i ask.
"you're mad at me." she smiles.
"i'm not." i stretch my legs apart, inviting her.
"you are, you have that look in your eye." she takes a drag.
"i'm glad you had fun tonight." i tell her, "give me a drag, you look too good having it alone."

she passes it to me, and almost stumbles by leaning forward. i take it from her and lean my head back.
"did you have f-fun?" she asks sweetly, she's so drunk.
"i did."

evie's stare burns into me, and she takes a step to straddles my hips.
i chuckle at her actions, but rest my hand on her hip, holding the other with the smoke away. she allows her full weight to rest right on my crotch, and i hiss, enjoying it probably too much.
i look up at her, watching her brush her hair from her face with her fingers. her eyes droop but she's smiling.
"what you smiling about?" i take another drag and blow it away from her.
"you." she blurts out.
"you are drunk." i laugh.
"i am not."
i adjust her body closer to mine, giving her the cigarette, but she doesn't take it.
"don't want anymore?" i ask, but she shakes her head silently.