thirty three

evie

"i'll be right back." i tell him, opening the passenger door and noticing how his hand has to leave my thigh. it hits me like a tonne of bricks that i don't want it to go.

i ignore the thought and climb out, shutting the door behind me and walking up to my fake apartment.

i make the process quick, scurrying through my suitcase and trying to find something good for tonight, but nothing hits how i want it to.
i turn to the wardrobe, knowing that i left everything in there that wasn't mine. i flick through each hanger until i find a blue, green and white floral dress. it's beautiful but it's short.

i take it and grab a few other clothes from my suitcase, staring down at it and thinking how much easier it would be it just take it with me, but i can't. not yet.

my phone vibrates in my shorts pocket,
calum: hurry up, it's so hot out here
evie: coming

i throw everything i need in a bag and race back downstairs.

/

calum follows me into his room, i place my bag down on the bed and sigh.
"you okay?" he asks.
"yeah, just tired, i think."
"me too."
"do we really wanna go tonight?" i ask, whining.
"i think we better, feldy told me we have to post more, kinda falling off the radar a bit."
"isn't that a good thing?" i question, unbuttoning my shorts.
"yes and no, i'm not sure how they measure it." he shrugs, closing his chest of drawers and laying out an outfit next to my bag.
i hum in response, pulling my shorts off me.

calum stops and looks me up and down, making the blood rush to my cheeks.
"what?" i ask.
"it's a nice bikini." he smiles, shrugging again.
"thanks." i give him a small smile and kick the shorts to the side.
"you still gonna shower?"
"yeah." i rub my arm.
"wanna save some water? shower together?" he asks slyly, a cheeky grin playing at his lips.

i chuckle, moving towards the bathroom, not saying no but also not saying yes.
once i enter the bathroom, he follows, just like i knew he would.
i look at myself in the mirror and watch him stand behind me, extending his arm to close the door.

"need a hand?" he asks, gesturing to my bikini. i chuckle, again, not saying no but not saying yes. i smirk, watching him move his hands behind to my back. in one motion, he slowly starts to pull the string of my bikini top until it becomes completely undone.
calum moves to the string at the top of my neck, repeating the motion but leaving one hand on my neck, his fingertips are rough but gentle at the same time.

the bikini top falls to the ground, exposing my breasts which aren't burnt like he thought they were. the skin isn't sensitive and it's turned darker. calum and i hold eye contact for a second, before i watch them jump to my bare chest. he takes his hands and holds me, massaging the skin and letting my neck roll back into the crook of his.

"you're so perfect." he whispers into my hair, not stopping the motions of his hands.
"that feels really nice." i assure him, and it does. he starts to play with my nipples, lightly circling them.

an involuntary moan rolls off my tongue and out into the open space of the bathroom, calum smiles at me in the mirror, knowing he's getting what he wants.
and honestly, what i want too.
i missed these hands, and all the wonderful things they could do.

"let's get in the shower, hey?" i say, and he releases his breath it sounds like he was holding.
calum's hands move down to my hips, both pulling at the strings on either sides of the bikini bottoms. the material falls to the floor, now leaving me completely exposed and vulnerable.

his hands are dangerously close to the spot he knows i want him most.
"go turn the water on." i instruct, wanting him to either touch me or stop teasing me.
"in a second." he smiles, "tell me what you want."