𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 10- 𝓒𝓻𝔂𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓵

Keefe opened his eyes squinting from the light. He sat up and saw Julie sitting next to him. "I was starting to wonder when you would wake up." She pointed out staring into the distance like she was when she was telling him the story. "You......... are my sister!" Keefe exclaimed his heart thumping loudly in his chest. "Well done Keefe you figured it out" she said slowly clapping with a look of humour on her face. That girl in that memory was her! Keefe and Julie were siblings. But...... "

"How are you here? I saw you fall into the frozen lake! You drowned!" Keefe shouted confusion filling his senses. Julie waited for Keefe to shut up and then pulled something out of her pocket. It was the brown crystal she and Keefe used earlier to travel here! "This" Julie said looking at the crystal fondly. "This crystal, as you've probably already guessed, is no ordinary crystal." She spoke smiling proudly.

"This crystal saved my life on the day that I thought I lost it"

she continued staring at the crystal in wonder, like it held a world worth of power inside.

"Explain".

Keefe said having no idea what she was talking about.

"I woke up." She spoke quietly. "I woke up in the water, but I could see clearly and breathe. I couldn't feel the water and when I looked at my clothes, they were dry. Then I saw it. The crystal, it was floating in front of me glowing brightly. It spoke to me.

"I'll save you little one, touch me and I will take you back".

So as anyone would do, I grabbed it." Keefe leaned in interested but still confused. He had never heard anything of the sorts. But then again, a week ago he didn't know he had a sister. "I grabbed it and it somehow yanked me straight up. It pulled me to the surface, and I was okay!" Julie happily told him. "How come you didn't come back home?" Keefe asked. "well, I was only six you see. No imparter, no crystal to get home, I was lost. I couldn't go back." She spoke sadly looking at her feet. Keefe felt bad. He couldn't imagine how It must've been for Julie.

"How did I forget about you?" Keefe looked at his sister.

"Mother, after...... my planting you were so depressed about...... me" she stopped and looked away.

She cleared her throat and then started again. "So, mother called a Washer and asked them of something big." She stopped

"She wouldn't"-

Keefe gasped.

But Keefe already knew the answer.

By now all the things that he's learnt about his mother sadly......

he wouldn't be surprised.

"She asked him to wipe the whole idea of me.... Anyone who has ever met me, seen me, or talked to me would forget about me" Her voice did falter then but Keefe still had another question. 

"How do you know this? Keefe pointed out looking at her suspiciously. She held out her crystal again its murky colours swirling all around. It was sparking and when she spoke her voice was filled with wonder. 

"This crystal saved my life. It also told me why I shouldn't return to it. It was a dark a foggy night and I was sleeping in a tree nearby from the lake. The crystal was in my pocket and I was fast asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night to find my pocket glowing orange. When I pulled it out and looked at it showed me like a vision of mother and the washer. That's when I knew my mother didn't want me back." She went back to staring at her feet and Keefe felt sorry for his sister again. 

"Well.... At least we're both here now?!" Keefe shrugged trying to make to make it a bit positive. Julie changed her attitude and looked back at Keefe her eyes shining. She put the crystal back in her pocket and patted it.