𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 19- 𝓢𝓹𝓲𝓮𝓭 𝓞𝓷

She had to save Keefe. Needed to.

She had betrayed his trust. And he hated her for that.

She needed to go and save him, and Julie.

That night, she told Sandor the news. And there was only one word to describe him, furious. He was absolutely mad at her for not telling him about Elwin. "I can't believe you would keep a secret like that from me" he said, which did NOT make her feel better.

But he agreed, and she was thankful for that.

He told her to come to the backyard when the sun sets, and that they would start planning then.

When they met up, Sophie found Sandor waiting for her. He was standing by a tree, then she realized it was Callas tree.

He had set up a table with a large map of all of the Lost Cities.

When she looked at him in question. He mumbled. "It's good to get some fresh air." She knew that he never really liked the indoors, he was used to fighting in the large outdoors, with as much space as he wanted. He still hasn't gotten used to the confined spaces.

They sat down, the two large chair he placed creaking slightly from their weight.

"Tell me everything from the start again" he told her seriously.

Sophie shuffled in her seat and told him.

"So ....Elwin" he said his name with disgust, as if he ate something sour. "Did he suggest or show any signs that he was hiding something in his office?" he asked.

Sophie thought for a moment.

"Not really, he just kind of"- Suddenly something hit her.

"When I came into the office, he seemed to shove some files hurriedly into the desk draw. It could have just been medical files, but I'm second guessing everything now."

Sandor looked at her with sympathy but then looked hopeful. "So, suspicious looking files huh? Guess we should head there and pay it a little visit." He grabbed a notebook that was lying on the table, it had a dirty worn out cover, and he flipped to a blank page. "We need a plan" he told her grabbing a pencil that was laying beside it. Sophie groaned. "Lets just go!" she exclaimed. "I don't want to just sit around and do nothing while Julie and...." Saying his name sounded wrong on her tongue.

Sandor looked dumbfounded and shook his head. "We will most certainly not just be sitting around doing nothing! We will be forming a good plan, so we can save them!"

Sophie rolled her eyes.

"We don't know what Lady Gisela and Elwin are planning to do with them! What if they... they kill them?!" Sophie was blabbering on about all her worries until Sandor held out his hand to silence her.

"That is why we must plan, so we can be prepared for any scenario" he looked at her very seriously, telling her with his eyes that he was not standing down.

"But"-

Suddenly there was a rustle of leaves coming from behind them.

Sandor pulled out his sword and stepped in front of Sophie, his eyes were drawn to the group of trees behind them.

"Show yourself!" he yelled into the air.

There was some more rustling, and then suddenly a ginger creature covered with mud and sticks stumbled out.

It was Dex.

Sophie rushed towards him. "What are you doing here?" she asked him, brushing the mud and sticks from his hair. Sophie looked at Sandor and she knew they were both wondering the same thing. How much did he hear?

Dex looked up sheepishly and smiled a crooked grin. Sandor grumbled behind Sophie looking at Dex with nothing but suspicion and anger. "That was foolish of you boy, I could have thrown my stars at you." He pulled out his small sharp ninja stars and threw them one by one, they made a big THUNK noise as they dug into the bark of a large tree. He smirked, proving his point.

Dex looked at Sandor nervously then back at Sophie. "I was coming over to check on you, see how your healing. You look great by the way" he smiled again and Sophie's face twitched, betraying her stern look.

"And when I came, I saw you walking over here, and Sandor was there too. You guys looked very serious and seemed to be discussing something. I was curious."

"Why didn't you"-

"Because you looked secretive, and I thought if I asked you wouldn't have told me, and you would change the subject. You never really involve me in your crazy plans anymore."

Sophia felt sympathy for him, she never meant for him to feel unincluded. She just didn't want to cause a panic.

"How much did you hear?" Sophie asked nervously.

He stayed silent for a few seconds before answering.

"Everything" he said, confirming Sophie's fear.

"And I want to be a part of it."