𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 12- 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓜𝓲𝓻𝓻𝓸𝓻

"Hey Keefe come down here I've got something for you!" his sister soft voice booming through the hallway and up the stairs into his room. Keefe stepped away from his desk looking at his newest masterpiece. It was a landscape of backyard. He ran all the way downstairs which took forever and landed on the first floor with a thud! "Keefe over here!" Julie yelled at him from the front door, her face filled with excitement and her smile beaming at Keefe. Keefe went over to her and placed his hands on his hips. "I was almost finished with my painting of the backyard" keefe grumbled unhappy by the interruption caused by his sister. "I've got something for you" she smiled without teeth again with her hands still behind her back.

"What is it?" Keefe quickly changed his tune running his fingers through his hair.

"Well......" she pulled out her hands and in the grasp of them contained a small shiny object, shining in the sunlight due to the sun coming through the windows.

"A... mirror?" Keefe said disappointed.

"yeah not just any mirror, it has a person there talking to you!" she said happily.

"Julie, those went out of fashion years ago." He grumbled. He would surely get bullied by having something so weird. The reason they were out of fashion is because everyone kind of got sick of someone judging their every look and appearance.

"Yeah but this isn't just some mean 16-year-old boy telling you your dinosaur pyjamas are ugly, its me!" she said happily.

"You? Why can't I just then go downstairs and ask you how I look?"

"Well because it's a pocket mirror, so you can take it everywhere you want!" Julie said.

Keefe took the mirror from her hand. "Thanks?" Keefe shrugged.

Julie scowled at Keefe. "I worked very hard on it you should be thankful"

Keefe finally gave up. There was no point in fighting with his sister again. She always won. "Thank you, Julie. For this lovely gift" he says mockingly shoving the mirror as far down as he could into his pocket. He would never use it.

But he did.

Almost every day.

As a reminder.

................................................................................................................................................................

Keefe woke up stroking his forehead with the back of his hand. His mind gently coming back to reality.

Another part of his childhood.

Stolen by his mother. It was always his mother.

Now when the mirror was in Keefe's hand, he noticed something he hadn't before. Little tiny writing, letters carved into the side of the object. He looked at it closely and saw that the letters made words.

From your sister who loves you very much

 Keefe's eyes stung from the kind words his sister wrote

'This mirror must be here for some reason, must be a clue of some sort.' He told himself softly. Where he could meet his sister.

Keefe pulled out his imparter from his pocket and called Sophie. "Keefe?" her voice as soft and sweet as honey. Keefe smiled. "Hi Foster, I found something that might help with meeting with Julie" "I'll come over now." She said quickly. Keefe spoke fast before she could end the call. "I'm not home, I went for a run, so I'll send you my location" Sophie agreed, and Keefe waited eagerly for Sophie to arrive.

"Keefe?" a voice spoke through the trees after Keefe sat by the trunk of a tree waiting. Keefe stood up and looked around to find Sophie with her hair shining gold.