𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 24: 𝓗𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓢𝔀𝓮𝓮𝓽 𝓗𝓸𝓶𝓮?

The faint glow like look of the house didn't cheer up Sophie. Not one bit.

Not when Iggy came flying to her and rushed into her chest.

Not even when Sandor came to them with a furious look in his eyes which would usually terrify Sophie, she just felt nothing.

She walked past Sandor without even looking at him, and judging by the silence that followed, Keefe and Julie did the same. She walked up the stairs that seemed to never end, and slammed the door shut while Sandor yelled from downstairs.

Sophie sobbed on her bed for hours, until someone knocked on her door.

She wiped her eyes and didn't answer the door, as she didn't want any visitors.

The door creaked open, and Keefe came in. His eyes were red, and his fists bruised. He walked over to Sophie and sat on the side of the bed, leaving her some room to move away.

"Sophie." He made a strange noise in his throat.

"Sophie, I am so sorry" he told her.

Keefe shook away his apology. "Stop apologizing Keefe, you know it wasn't your fault"

This time Keefe was the one who shook his head. "No, I should have broken the control sooner, I should have found the power to"

"I'm just glad you were able to Keefe"

Sophie said simply.

"No, its not okay, and that's why I'm going away"

Sophie stopped and looked at Keefe.

"What are you talking about?" she asked.

Keefe can't leave her, not when she already felt so alone.

"I am too much of a danger to you and the rest of everyone. Like my mother said, I'm a weapon. And she will not stop using me to hurt you" Keefe said, his voice breaking with every word.

Sophie scooted towards Keefe. She put a finger to his lips. "Don't talk crap like that Keefe, you can't move away, I love you, I thought you loved me"

Keefe looked into her eyes.

"Of course I love you, but that's why I must go away!" he spoke through her finger.

"Keefe its fine really!" Sophie said not backing down.

"No its not!" Keefe fought.

"Yes it-"

"Sophie I can't-"

"Keefe don't you dare"

"Sophie-"

Sophie interrupted his words with her lips before he said anything else. Keefe's eyes were filled with shock, but that didn't stop him from kissing her back. Sophie kissed Keefe hard to show that it was okay, and she accepted his apology, as unneeded as it was.

Sophie didn't know how long they sat there kissing until Keefe pulled away, tears in his eyes again.

"Is it really okay?" He asked her softly.

"Keefe, it's not your fault" Sophie whispered.

Keefe nodded, and you could tell that the weight was finally off his chest.

He got up, heading towards the door. "I think I'll head out now, give you some space to you know, recover"

Sophie looked at the ground and nodded, still absolutely heartbroken about Dex.

Julie left with Keefe, leaving Sophie alone again.

She still couldn't believe that her best friend had just died.

It was like a nightmare, and she just wanted to wake up.

At least Julie and Keefe was safe.

But at what price?

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕰𝖓𝖉