Chapter one

Welcome to Ultimatum.This is a mafia romance and this is my own work of fiction.This is my first mafia romance so please be kind😅.Anyway,since it is hard to keep up with the tenses,I chose to write it in both past and present cause let's be honest,that sh*t is hard.i tried rewriting in both tenses but wow it's really hard.Anyway,please comment,and vote. And please do refer to your friends,I would really appreciate it.L🧡L . Enjoy ❤️

BAYLYN

      The cool breeze hit my face as I stepped out of the hardware.

Oh!!How much I loved autumn!!

The day had been so long,the hardware store so busy.It was like every one was constructing something those days.

As I walked down the street on my way home,my phone chimed.

Vanessa. My phone lit up to show I had a message from my best friend.
Nothing useful ever came from her messages really.

But ignoring them was some other kind of hell.

You won't believe what am snacking on tonight.....

I knew her message would make no sense.Just like I knew she meant a man and not a snack.

So I stuck my phone back into my pocket.

I couldn't wait to get home.It was one of the few places I actually loved. However old the building was, atleast I had a decent place to sleep.

It was almost 6pm when I finally reached home.

Back to my humble abode.

I was welcomed by a stack of mails at my door step.

God, I hate bills!!

It seemed like every single letter here had to remind me of something I had not paid.

Sigh

Having kicked off my shoes and placed my jacket on the rack,I jumped into the sofa and pulled a blanket over my shoulders.

If someone could help relieve my stress it was Vanessa.But I suspected she might have been,well occupied tonight.

So I called the next person that came to my head.

Aidan.

Hey babe....

How was your day? I asked.

Good how was yours? Aidan said from the other end of the phone.

The usual,I guess. I replied.

Wanna grab dinner? Aidan asked.

Sure babe,8pm?

Great,meet me at  Patel's.

Atleast I didn't have to sit here all night.

Aidan and I had been dating for 2 years now.We had met at college in our last year and had decided to give a relationship a chance.

He was more of a good friend than my boyfriend.We understood each other too well.He somehow always knew when I was not ok but didn't intrude cause he knew I didn't want to be vulnerable.

One thing though,he always tried to make me feel better and I will always be grateful for that.

I didn't have a lot of time left and it was some distance from my house to Patel's. So I made my way to my bedroom for a quick change of clothes before I could set off.