chapter eleven

Baylyn

Panic waves coursed through my body as I finally registered what was going on.

It was my wedding day.

Deep down I had hoped this was a bad dream I would wake up from but as reality dawned on me,I knew there was no going back.

Vanessa and I had been restricted from seeing each other until the wedding was complete.

They knew we would try to escape,but I was no fool.

I knew escaping this place was unlikely because it meant death once caught which was a big chance because we were foreign to this place. Not to mention the guards at every point of this place.

As I looked outside the room,I saw guests were starting to arrive.

Men dressed in suits of the finest fabric with guns tucked into their pants.

Women adorned with the fairest dresses and expensive jewelry.They looked like they were men's property as they walked quietly behind their husbands.

This was the life I was getting sucked into. I cursed my luck when I realized what that meant.

How I wish I hadn't stopped by that night!!

Maybe if I had ran,then I would not be here today.

The door to my room was opened to let in the same old lady from the day before.To her tail was a younger lady who had a lot more make up than was needed.

"Hello,ma'am ,we are here to get you ready."The old lady said without sparing me a glance.

The younger one did not even say a word.She only gestured for me to sit down at the dresser and so I did.

She began working on my hair as I sat by and watched ,my eyes emotionless as both women's eyes,save from a glint of pity I saw in the old lady's eyes.

Salvation!! That's all I needed and yet I knew it was unlikely.

                 🌸   🌸   🌸  🌸

I stood with silently by the window as I waited for the time my life would officially be ruined.

My white gown flowed graciously on the floor,a long and beautiful train.

It held close to my breasts and waist and rounded freely downwards.It hard an open back that exposed my back to my lower back.It was a beautiful dress, really.

The younger lady had held my hair up into a bun with two strands falling loosely to my face.She had applied minimal make up and I appreciated that.

A small diamond pendant adorned my neck with matching diamond studs and a diamond bracelet.

If conditions had been different,I would have loved everything about this outfit.

But I didn't.

I was too lost in thought,I didn't hear the door open and someone step in.

"It's time." A deep voice rang through my ears and brought me back to reality.

I turned around just in time to see a man clad all in black standing by the door.

I wiped away a tear and slipped on my stilettos.

I walked out of the room quietly behind the man who didn't say anything.

As I walked down the stairs, I finally saw him.

The man that had changed my life standing tall at the end of the stairs.