chapter seventeen

Baylyn

It's been two weeks,since he begun torturing me.Every punishment, different and worse from the other.

I have come to learn that he is unpredictable.

He always strikes when you least expect him to.

Maybe that's why I haven't gotten used to how harsh his punishments can be. His forms of torture always leave me flabbergasted.

One time,he just decided to make me walk bare foot on hot gravel.
He had sat down in the shade and watched me a smirk on his lips from my suffering.

My feet had ended up with cuts and blisters and it took me days for them to heal.

The nurse that had worked on me had winced and taken pity on me as she cleaned and dressed my wounds.

It has been three days now,and he has not attacked yet.

Am no fool to believe he has forgotten.I know he will strike any moment now.

"Get dressed,we have a party to attend." He shouts, drawing me from my thoughts.

He walks out of the room, leaving me with the same ladies that dressed me up for the wedding.

I am guessing they are his personal stylists.

A maroon satin long dress with a high slit and a low back is selected for me,and paired with nude ankle strap heels.

My hair is curled at the ends and minimal  make up is applied to my face.

As though on cue,my husband comes in and signals for everyone to get out.

"Something is missing."

I am confused.He walks to the closet and comes out with a small velvet box in his hand.

He pulls me in front of a mirror and stands behind me.Ever so slowly,he pushes my hair to the side,his fingertips tracing my skin,electricity passing through my body.

He places a silver chain with a flower diamond pendant around my neck, the cold metal reaching my skin.

"It's really pretty.Thank you."

"Yeah,I know.Now let's go."

I nod and walk out behind him.

A line of black SUVs awaits us as we get out of the house.

"Come on wife,we don't have the whole day."

We are ushered into one of the cars by a guard dressed all in black.All guards have weapons either tucked into their pants or in their hands.

"Where are we going?" I ask as soon as the door is closed behind me and the engine of the car roaring.

He takes a minute to look at me before answering.

"We are going to meet my family."
He says and for some reason,I feel all the air leaving my lungs.

God, what is happening with my life?