chapter eighteen

Dante

"No mama,I told you,you don't have to know who she is."

"Yes,I married her,but that doesn't mean anything. Don't make it your concern."

"Ok,mama,I will bring her over."

I end the call, frustrated and tired.

For some reason,my mother wants to meet my new wife. I just don't understand why.

There is one thing I have come to learn in my life,I may be a strong man,but I can never win an argument with my mother.

And that is why I let it go.

I sent some stylists to help Baylyn  get ready.

I had had other plans for the day but, way to go mam,now I can't .

It's been long since I last tortured my dear wife,I just hope she doesn't get so used to it.

As I walk into the room,I find that the stylists have finished dressing her up.

She looks really beautiful,but I will not admit that to her.

"Something is missing." I say and walk into the closet.

I come back with something I had bought for her for some other day,but came in handy today.

I pull out the small velvet box and pull out a silver chain with a floral diamond pendant.

I pull her in front of the mirror and stand behind her. I slowly pull her hair to the side, making sure  my fingers caress her neck.She shivers,and that is the reaction I want to draw from her.

I put the necklace around her neck and hook it.

I step away from her and she opens her eyes.

" It's really pretty.Thank you."

"Yeah,I know.Now let's go."  I don't give her the satisfaction of accepting her thank you.

As long as we are together,we will be enemies and I intend to keep it that way.

As soon as we are in the car, she asks me where we are going. I take a minute to look at her,not wanting to answer her but I still do.

"We are going  to meet my family."

Her eyes widen and her face turns pale.

She is scared.

I like that.

"But,but....what is the reason for meeting them?This isn't really a normal marriage."

"Yeah. I know. But,you don't get to call the shots, here. I do.So,shut the fuck up,your voice is about to make my ears bleed."

She flinches but keeps quiet.

The rest of the car ride is silent and uncomfortable,atleast for her because I see how she nervously chews on her lip and pinches her nails.