Chapter thirty six

Dante

It was 2 in the morning by the time I finally left my estate having cleared up my business. The old fool had made a mistake by underestimating me and he and his men didn't know what had hit them when it did.

I was then on my way to the safe house where my wife had been taken. The fact that she was safe and ok brought me enough satisfaction and that is why it had been easy to get rid of the blubbering fools in no time. I still wondered what gave them the courage to think they could mess with me.

We finally drove through the heavy wrought iron gates that led us into the estate the safe house sat. My men were assembled as they waited for my return. Other than them, everyone else seemed to be asleep which was good news for I didn't want to encounter anyone that night.

"How is she?"  I asked my right hand before anything else.

"She is ok, sir. I don't think the attack affected her much. I took her out of there before they could get to her."

"Good. Where is she?"

"She is in the master bedroom sir."

"You can go back and rest . We will reconvene tomorrow, am too exhausted as of now."

My light steps echoed softly through the house as I walked carefully into the room trying my best not to wake her up.

I could make out a frail body bundled up in the silk sheets and covers. She was asleep. I climbed into bed beside her like a creep, my hands aching to touch her and yet I stopped myself. I changed into a pair of sweatpants before climbing back into bed beside her, my eyes feeding dangerously onto her delicate face till sleep finally embraced me.