Chapter seven

Baylyn

I barely got any sleep.

How could I though?

For all I knew my best friend could have been suffering.

I got a text as I was pacing around my room so I rushed and got my phone.

You need to act normal,I don't want anyone getting suspicious.Go to work and I will send you the next instructions.

Was this man mad?

How could I act like nothing was wrong yet my friend was in grave danger!!

Nevertheless, I went to work.

"Hey Bay,are you ok?You seem disturbed." Henry,my boss asked at some point.

"Yes, Henry. I am ok. I just binge watched a number of horror movies last night and the picture just didn't leave my mind.

"Oh, sweetheart.You should not have done that when you knew you weren't very accustomed to horrors. Go on,go and have some rest.It is just a few minutes to close up. I will handle the rest."

"Thank you , Henry."

I was really grateful for the break.At least I had sometime to compose myself before the next instructions came up.

Problem was there weren't instructions.

Instead,I was welcomed by a fleet of black SUVs lined up along my street.

I knew there and then that something wasn't right.

It was no surprise I found my apartment door open and with someone waiting for me.

I tried to compose myself before facing the enemy.

"Who are you?"I asked the man who was seated comfortably in my sofa.

He was wearing all black with pitch black hair that was trimmed perfectly on either side of his head.
The hair in the middle fell onto one side with a lone strand falling to his face.

He had his face to his phone so I could barely see his full face.

We finally meet, Baylyn.Funny how much I know about you,yet you know nothing about me.

This time he sat straight in the sofa and my eyes fell onto his ruggedly handsome face. His eyes,they were a deep-set amber,with nothing readable in them.

His lips were pink and his bottom lip pierced at one end.

Was I checking out a bad guy?

Am only human.

Nobody could deny how insanely handsome this man was,yet there was a bigger issue at hand.

He had a stupid smirk on his face that made him even much more beautiful than he already was.

I could see his teeth,white and well aligned with sharper canines than any other person's.

"Since I don't know anything about you,why don't you just let my friend go and walk out of our lives?"

He was now laughing.

"See,the problem is,you know something you should not have known.And I don't let go of any witnesses. I hate to break it to you,but you are one of those!!"

"We could move past this,I don't even know your name.I could not surely report you."

"Hmmm,let's see."
He looked like he was thinking.

"I don't see any fun in that ,baby.And besides,your friend could open her mouth and I would not like that."

"So what can I do then,for you to let her go?I promise I will do anything you ask of me,but please let her go."

"Anything?"

As I looked up at him and saw his devilish smirk,I knew nothing good would come out of this.But it was my time to help Nessa out.

"Yes, anything." My voice was firm as I spoke.

"Alright then.You will have to get married to me."