Chapter twenty six

Baylyn

Two weeks had gone by.

I was free. He had not found me. And I was starting to believe he wouldn't.

But something in my heart, call it a conscious kept on coming back to me, reminding me that I should be worried. Even when I felt like my path was clear.

And that is why, even having travelled miles back to my childhood home, I was still worried.

I knew he would not find me here, he didn't know anything about this place. And yet I kept crawling back to the dark hole I was trapped in.

"You need to relax, Bay. He will not be able to find you there. It's been what? Two weeks? Girl, relax."
Nessa had told me over the phone one evening.

She was also worried about me, but she didn't let me know cause she was the string holding me together,and if she became weak, then I would too.

"I think we need to stop worrying and just move on with life . It's been a while. I don't think he will find you." Nessa told me as we spoke on the phone.

" I think you are right, Nessa. I don't think he even cares anymore."

I felt like I had just opened up more than I should have. But she didn't look like she had noticed.

"And that's why we are going out tonight. Live on. You have your freedom back, now enjoy it. Aidan has been asking about you. I think you should meet him now,........ that's if you are ready."

"Yeah, i think you are right. He needs an explanation for everything going on." I said, knowing all too well that I had to face the situation anyway.

"Am glad you are doing this . You can go see him. I can go with you if you want."

"No, Nessa, I will make sure to call you when am back. This is a battle i have to fight on my own."

"Ok, girlfriend. I will see you when you get back. Call me when you need anything."

"I will."

"Ciao, girlfriend."

"Ciao."

After Nessa had gone, I prepared myself to go see my now ex boyfriend but little did i know what was set in store for me.

On arrival to his place, his house smelt of weed, something i had never known about him while we were dating. Nonetheless, I entered despite the intuition that kept on telling me not to go in.

"Look who we have here. My long lost girlfriend." He said and something about his voice seemed off.

"Hey, Aidan. Do you think we can talk?"

"Since when do you ask, baby Lynn? How much you have changed !!" He said and that brought in the confirmation i needed. He was high.

"Since when do you use drugs, Aidan?"

"Since a long time, baby. There are a lot of things you don't know about me."

"What happened to you, A? You were never like this."

"And neither were you, baby. You just disappeared without saying a thing."

"That is why am here. But it seems i made a mistake coming here." I said and begun heading for the door only to be held back and slammed onto the wall. The pain radiating through my head wasn't as much as what i felt in my heart seeing someone i once loved and cared for turning into a complete monster.

"Why are u being like this, Aidan?" I asked ,tears rushing uncontrollably out of my eyes.

He laughed, an evil sound I had never imagined would come out of him.

"Let's see. Maybe we should start with the part where you disappeared and didn't bother saying a thing. Or maybe the part where you always fucking reject me whenever we are supposed to fuck. Oh, how about the fact that i give in my all into this charade of a relationship and you give in nothing. So there u get it, I am going to take away that you refuse to give me."

As he said this, he advanced closer and closer to me, his eyes redder than before. He grabbed me by my hair and pushed me heavily onto the couch. I knew it was game over for me. And at that point, I wished for one person, Dante.

But even i knew that he would not come to my rescue.