Chapter twenty seven

BAYLYN

Dante.

Did i imagine him? That was more likely because he didn't know where i was.

But i was sure i heard his voice. A voice that had been anything but comforting, and yet it had brought relief and joy to my heart. I could not see anything, I was in a state of oblivion. My head hurt so bad from the fall and my scalp from the way he held tightly onto my hair.

But I didn't feel his weight over me anymore. Instead, i heard the voice i had so much craved to hear.

"How dare you lay your fucking filthy hands on my wife? You are going to regret every part of it." I heard something that was sounded like a heavy blow come after Dante's very angry voice.

"What do you mean wife? Hey man, i think u are mistaken. This is my girl, not you wife." i heard Aidan's sick voice follow afterwards only to be silenced by another blow.

I tried my best to get up, to see something, but all in vain.

The voices were starting to sound far. I was blacking out.

"Bay? Bay............ , Baylyn, fucking stay with me...... Baayyyyyyyyy....." i heard Dante's voice, the urgency in it bringing warmth to my heart as I finally embraced the darkness and fell into complete oblivion.

🖤 🖤 🖤 🖤 🖤

I woke up in unfamiliar surroundings. My head still hurt so bad as i tried to get up only to be stopped by someone's hand followed by a voice.

"You should not get up right now. You have been severely injured." I looked up to see a petite old lady dressed up in blue scrubs.

"How long have i been out?" I asked the lady, and she smiled back softly at me.

"A week. You were in a state of shock. and you hit your head badly."

"A week? That's not possible. Who brought me here?"

"Your husband did. I will call your family in."

Dante? Dante was the one who saved me? But before i could stress about it, i heard Nessa squeal as she rushed up to my bed and held me back into a tight embrace.

"I thought i had lost you, and i would not forgive myself if i did. Am so sorry, Bay. It is all my fault." She sobbed.

"Not so easily, Nessa. You cannot get rid of me so easily." I attempted to crack a joke, only she cried more instead of laugh.

I was going to say something only to be stopped by the presence of the one i had been longing to see.

Dante.