Chapter thirty four

BAYLYN

We pulled off at what looked like a ranch house after having been driven for what seemed like days but only an exaggerated few hours.  It was night time by the time we arrived and I didn't know any person  that I was with,only apart from them being my husband's men.

The cars drove into the wide gates finally coming to a hault in front of the rustic stone building with a large glass window upfront.  Golden lights shone from it shedding light into an exquisite interior. 

It looked like a few people lived around here because we were ushered in by an older lady that looked like she was in her late 50s. She had a warm smile that also shone through her eyes as she welcomed us inside.

'We have been expecting you Mrs. De Leone. It is a pleasure finally meeting you, please come in.' She said.

Something about her was different.  She wasn't scared nor intimidated.  She was relaxed and calm even with the presence of bulky men with guns all wearing black.

" Dominic, sweetheart,  could you please show this sweet young lady to her room. I have to finish up with the food." Her Italian accent was thick as she spoke.

"Don't worry about it Mamma. But I should get an extra spoon of your pasta."

She lightly hit his hand as she laughed as she retreated into the kitchen.

"Is she your mother?" I asked, my curiosity obviously winning.

"She is basically everyone's mother here. Most of us grew up with her and everyone calls her mamma. So u could say that."

There was joy in his words as he spoke about the old lady.

"Come on. I will show you to your room. You may freshen up. I will call you for dinner."

I nodded and followed him into a long hallway with multiple rooms.

We came to an intersection that led us to a room on top of a few stairs. Dominic opened the door revealing to what looked like a suite. A bit similar to Dante's room back home but smaller.

"This is where you will be staying.  A few clothes have been ordered for you and your toiletries have been prepared for you. You can call me if you need anything."

"Thank you Dominic."
He smiled and walked away leaving me alone in the beautiful room.

A king size bed sat in the middle of the room with what looked like a hundred pillows over it. There was an open door that led me into the bathroom. I ran myself a bath as I looked around for what to wear.

After fumbling around for about 20 minutes I finally settled for a black oversized t-shirt and a pair of loose shorts that were covered up by the shirt.

It took me another hour to get out of the bath and walked back into the room.

I found a tray of food at the bedside table, so I guessed they decided to save me the bother of walking back down and sitting around many people for dinner. I was truly grateful.

As I sat there in my thoughts, I couldn't stop myself from wondering where he was or how he was. The attack on his home was a big blow he wasn't about to set aside. I was worried he would be hurt trying to avenge it.

I finally drifted off to sleep in my thoughts of him.