Chapter four

Baylyn

"You need to stop working yourself up Bay.It's been what,a week?Come on he won't find you.And even if he does,I will be here to protect you."
Vanessa told me for the hundredth time.

A week had passed by but my peace had been disrupted.

Nothing seemed the same anymore.

It felt like someone was watching me, following me everywhere I went.

Of course I had told Vanessa everything I had seen,but I felt like I had endangered her life as well.

It felt like torture always walking into the house and expecting to find everything out of place,with a man waiting for me with a gun in his hand.

Only thing was that  I  was just making all that up in my head.

Vanessa was right.Everything was alright.

Maybe he had not seen me that night.And had not bothered to look for me.

I had to move on.

"Maybe you are right,Nessa.Maybe I have been working myself up for nothing.It's time to relax and move on."

"That's right,bitch.Now since you are all ok,I can show you my new snack. I have to meet him this afternoon."

"Damn,Nessa!! He is hot.But you need to be safe girl.You can't have me worried about you."

"Ok,mama."

"Am serious though.I worry a lot especially after that night.What if you meet with such men?"

"I know,Bay.I know.And I will be careful.But right now,I have to snack on this."She said as she showed me the photo on her phone once again.

It was always relaxing after speaking to her.I just had a gut feeling this time. But I pushed it away.

"Ciao,bella. You really need to stop worrying and enjoy your life. Go out with your hunky boyfriend.Have fun and just live life babes."

Well of the two of us,I was the boring one.

Vanessa had always been the fun and hot one.

With her black hair which was now dyed pink, big blue eyes and curvy body,she had always had all men on her tail.

It was safe to say she was the life of the party.Her best hung out had always been the club and not a day went by without her visiting it,even on working nights.

I was the plain one and I was fine with that.

How we connected,I didn't know.But we did.And we built a great friendship that I never want to end.

If it came to protecting,she had always been my shield.

I just hoped the day I needed to save her never came.

But if it ever did,I was willing to risk my life for her.

It was a promise I had made to myself and I would fulfill my end of the bargain if that time  ever came.