Aftermath: Part 2

Lan Xichen's eyes widened. He had seen a lot of things during his years as a doctor, but the blood splattered wall and the body at its base was a first.

He jerked his attention away, looking for his brother.

"Di-di?" He felt on edge. Afraid the wall might only be the beginning.

"Here, Ge-ge!" Lan Zhan called his brother.

Lan Xichen turned toward the corner to find the two boys curled against Wei Wuxian's right side. Both of them looked exhausted and scared.

Wei Wuxian's shirt was pulled up, and Lan Zhan was putting pressure on his left side.

"Several stitches got pulled out. He's okay. Yu Bin's in the bathroom with Huaisang. The hand looks bad, Ge-ge."

WeiYing nodded his agreement.

"Go take care of Yu Bin. He saved us." He pulled the boys a little closer. "We need to get them out of here soon, please. Conference room, patient room - I don't care. Just away from that." He nodded his head to the blood-stained corner.

"Agreed. I will see what we can do as soon as possible but first , show me your arm, Di-di."

Lan Zhan stood so his brother could quickly examine his bicep.

"The bleeding has almost stopped. It's fairly shallow. A few stitches should do the trick. When we get everyone moved, we'll get Yu Qing to stitch you both up. Don't use it if you can help it."

Lan Zhan nodded and moved so Lan Xichen could peer at Wei Ying's ripped stitches.

"You only ripped out four of the stitches. We'll put them back in and get it cleaned up. Any other pain?" he asked as his gloved hands pressed gently around the incision site.

"Most of me is sore from hitting the floor, but that's okay." Wei Ying jerked slightly at one point. "That one hurt."

"We'll keep an eye on it. Did you hear what I told Lan Zhan?"

"Yes. Thank you for getting us a new room." Wei Ying bowed his head in appreciation.

"A'Yuan? Sizhui? Are you okay?" the doctor asked.

A nod and a sniffle from A'Yuan.

A nod and a shrug from Sizhui.

"Hang on. We'll get you out of here as soon as we can." he said peeling off his gloves then patting both of them on the head.

Lan Xichen turned and entered the bathroom. Yu Bin was seated on the floor with both Nie brothers in front of him.

Huaisang was holding Yu Bin and softly speaking to him. Whispers of how brave he was. How grateful he was to have Yu Bin. That he would be by his side. Together, they would get through all this.

Yu Bin's face was buried in Nie Huaisang's shoulder. Occasionally, a choked sob or a little nod were the only indications he was listening.

Nie Mingjue looked up at Lan Xichen with relief. He didn't say anything. He just moved the towel he had held on the infected left hand.

Dr. Lan was appalled. There was only one solution.

"Yu Bin?" His voice was soothing.

Yu Bin looked up with teary eyes.

"Hurts." He whispered and looked back at his hand.

"I want to take you in for surgery. I'll do it myself. We need to clean the infection out. Flush the whole area before I re-stitch it. In the surgery, it won't hurt so bad. Do you understand?" Lan Xichen asked quietly.