Aftermath: Part 3

Steve Cheng realized several things fairly quickly after he was hired. 

Nothing came before the hospital and its people, staff or patients, for Lan Xichen. 

With one exception. 

His little brother.

Where his brother was concerned, Lan Xichen would move mountains if that was what Lan Wangji needed. 

Chen quickly sent orders regarding the security of the entrances and the lockdown. He got his people going and then turned to Lan Xichen's request.

It took him fifteen minutes to decide on a room. It was on a different floor and in a different wing. Most of the floor had been shut down for renovations, but several rooms were still in working order. 

Including a ward room. Eight beds. He would do what he could while the night was quiet in this more desolate section. 

The benefit was no foot traffic at all. The floor was closed. If there was someone there, they were an enemy. 

There would be other issues, but considering the situation, it was the best he could come up with on notice this short.

He left his command center and began to gather supplies in a large rolling laundry bin. 

Sheets, blankets, pillows, and anything else he thought might be helpful were quietly dumped into the large bin. He covered the contents with crumpled blankets and dark trash bags full of supplies.  

With his security gear covered by a janitorial staff jacket, he slowly headed down the darkened corridor. 

—--

Lan Xichen went back out to his brother and Wei Ying. 

"I don't know how long it will take to get you moved or for Yu Qing to be able to stitch you up so we'll bandage you both for the time being. Won't take a moment, and then we'll get Yu Bin down to the OR." 

The whole time he was talking, he was smoothly cutting the bloody sleeve off his brother and carefully dressing his wound. Before they knew it, Lan Wangji's arm was neatly bandaged.

As Lan Xichen turned to Wei Ying, his di-di leaned closer and began to whisper. 

"I have touched Wei Ying's blood. I washed and sanitized that hand, but I promised I would make you aware." he told him. 

Lan Xichen's head jerked up.

"Lan Zhan?" he said in a horrified whisper.

Wei Ying’s head dropped further and turned away. Tears held back made his eyes ache. 

"I'm so sorry. I wasn't thinking. So much happened, and I didn't think about it, and I was so relieved everyone was alive and…" he couldn't stop himself. The words bled from him until Lan Zhan pulled Wei Ying in close to his chest. 

"We will face this together. We decided your first negative test was a good sign. We will hang on to that." he soothed the trembling man in his arms who was still mumbling his apologies. 

Lan Xichen was still blinking and trying to process what he'd just been told. 

It took him a minute. 

"Di-di is right, Wei Ying. The first test was negative, and that is an excellent indicator. We will count on that and how careful you were." Lan Xichen patted Wei Ying's back, which only caused the man to choke on a sob. 

Lan Xichen went back to work and, just as carefully as he had his brother, bandaged Wei Ying's wound. 

"Is Baba okay?" It was the first time the doctor had heard A'Yuan speak since he'd come into the room. The voice was shaken and afraid.