Peach Schnapps

Daryl's POV

After walking, Beth and I found an old country club. We crossed the golf ball field before the small pack of walkers got too close. We approached the front door under the valet as thunder sounded distant.

"There could be people inside." She speaks. Yeah, but not ours. We didn't get out the same way they did. As Beth tries the door, I move a walker out.

"It's locked." She says. I signaled to her that we'd try another. While rounding the country club, I picked up a golf club as a second weapon. Even though it would bend at the first hit, it is nice to have something to distance you from the flesh eaters. We went around just a little more and found a back entrance. I walk up the small set of stairs first. I try to look through the glass, but it seems it's been covered; I grab the handle and slowly push the door, and to my surprise, it opens.

We make our way hurriedly inside. Coming into a room with clothes and chairs all over the place. Distant groans from walkers. I grab the flashlight next to me and look around the semi-dark room. Four walkers are hanging from the ceiling. The old ones probably knew they weren't gonna make it. I look around and find a bag with cash, jewelry, and other items. I pushed as much of it back into the bag, making some noise.

"Why are you keeping all that stuff?" Beth asked. I opened my mouth to respond, but the walker from outside started banging on the door.

"This way." I run towards the door behind the hanging pinatas. I slam the door hard behind us. We then move into what looks like their kitchen and pantry. Drips are heard from all over. I go through finding some cinnamon sticks and a bunch of old Tupperware. I stop when I listen to clangs from the other room Beth went into. Annoyed that I'll probably have to save her ass again. Once they stop, I resume looking, finding nothing. When a scream is let out from Beth's direction and the sound of glass breaking. I walk through the kitchen and into the dish pit and pantry, finding her barely putting her knife through a walker's head. She lets the thing fall to the floor.

"Thanks for the help." She complains. I roll my eyes at her.

"You said you could take care of yourself." I give sass right back to her, "You did." I walk away back to the pantry. We can't find anything else, so we move on downstairs. Heading down the spiral steps into an overthrown hallway. We climb under a pushed-over cabinet. I push a clock to clear the way and walk further into the building. We must have found the gift shop because it was filled with clothes, hats, mannequins, and small trinkets. While Beth looked for clothes, I found more cigarettes and put a blanket over a defiled walker. We made our way back out into the hallway, going down the other side. The clock chimes out, scaring us both. Beth giggles, but I wonder if it was on its side for a reason. My thoughts are answered when Walker groans from each hallway around us. We walk down the hallway and dip into the first empty room. While Beth runs ahead, I stop.

She wouldn't want me to run from them; she would like me to protect our family. I turn, shoot one of them in the head, and push another into the cabinet; I grab a club lying on the floor and bash its head in. Then swing at another to my left, but the club gets stuck in the thing's head. I yank on the club, and it breaks. I plunge the broken part into another's head and pull it out. More keep coming. I kick one over and pull out my knife. Grabbing another coming at me, I stab it through the eye and let it fall to the ground. I look around, and the one I kicked has stood back up and is coming towards me; grabbing another club, I start beating the shit out of it. Hit after hit till I accidentally throw some brains across the room, hitting Beth with it. Panting, I look at her.

"Thanks for the help." I bitch, catching my breath.

"You can take care of yourself." She replies and walks forward into another section of the country club. Sarcastic bitch, I think, following her. We come through another doorway, and she stops.