Eyes

*Edited*

*Jade's POV*

I woke up to a hand on my forehead. "Fever has gone down." I rolled my head away, opening my eyes.

"Jade?" Rick starts.

"Carl...Carol, are they okay?" I interrupt. I look around and don't see him.

"They're fine. Why don't you rest." He continues. I scoff as the bedroom door opens, revealing T-dog.

"They're here." That is all he tells us before walking back out.

"Who's here?" I think.

"The rest of the group. Daryl, Carol, Dale, everyone." Carl states walking in. He comes over and sits next to me while his parents go outside. Carl tells me everything that happened to me. From getting shot to me waking up and screaming for my dad while Hershel was getting out part of the bullet, then to me having a seizure. Then he tells me the man who shot me died to save me and that we are having his funeral today.

Carl stayed with me while everyone else went to Otis's funeral. Most of the day, I was in and out. I always had the covers over me unless I got hot. It wasn't like I was ashamed of my body. I had a nice figure. I was 5'7, thin stomach but had some muscle, a tiny thigh gap, but to me, it didn't matter, and nice thin, toned arms. The one thing I didn't like and didn't want anyone to see were my scars.

A knock on the door made me turn my head to see around Carl. Carol asked if she could spend a little time with me alone while the others are out looking for her daughter. She comes over to me, asking the usual questions. 'How are you, 'how ya feeling,' and if I had eaten. Soon enough, my eyes were starting to feel heavy again. Carol kissed my head and let me be to rest.

The next time I wake up, I don't move. I'm not paralyzed but because as I was coming to the feeling of eyes on me. I started getting an uneasy feeling. A chill went across my back; it was bare. The blanket must have moved when I was asleep. Whoever this person was in the room right now was getting a great view of my scars. I dig my head more into the pillow while I pull up the blanket to cover me.

I hear a sigh come from right beside me. The heavy footsteps receding say that it was a man. I peek up a little bit when I hear the door open. SHIT! I think. I wait maybe five minutes before calling Carol for something to eat.

Carol comes in with a sandwich. "Here, sweety." She sits beside my helping me sit up without tearing my stitches.

"Hey, can you get me a shirt from my bag?" I ask. She nods, going over pulling out a black long-sleeved fitted shirt with a low v-neck. Carol comes over, and I lift my hands slowly. Feeling a tug on my stitches, I stop my hands just over my head. Carol easily slips my shirt on over me. I say a thank you, then take the sandwich.

"How long have I been out." I wonder.

"The funeral was yesterday." She answers. A day, I've been out for a day. Damn, I must have been sleep-deprived. I nod, thinking if I should ask her why he was in here earlier.

"Hey, before you leave, where's Dixon?" I dig myself a deeper hole.

"He just left to go find Sophia. Why?" She leans on the door.

"Just wondering." All she does is shake her head and smile. She takes the plate, me having finished my sandwich, and leaves. I sigh heavily, rolling over onto my left and staring at the wall.

Daryl's POV

After giving a short visit to everyone, I decided it was time to head out. I head over and grab a horse, thinking it will speed up my searching. I take the horse out and go farther past the farmhouse I found the other day. While out, I didn't mind hunting a little bit. I shot a squirrel a few feet away, climbing up a tree. As we went over, I picked it up and saw a doll down by the creek.