It was a Joke

I didn't get much sleep. Jade kept shaking all night. I couldn't tell if it was because she was cold or because of the nightmare she was having. The whole night consisted of me covering her with my blankets, getting hers from her cell, and getting rolled over. While I was there, I picked up her camera. It was one of those polaroid ones, I think? I'm pretty sure Glenn pick one up yesterday.

Laying there, I couldn't help but admire her face. Her long lashes shielding her blue eyes. The small, two-inch, cut a few centimetres under her eye, I gave her when they told me Merle was gone. Pulling away from her sleepy body, I grasp her camera. Her body was perfect. Small, toned, her face shoved halfway into my pillow, curled into a ball. The blanket wrapped around her leg and then in between her hand.

Lining her up in the lense, I click the button. A deep breath comes from her as I take the film. Jade snuggled into my pillow more, and I take the last picture for now. She rushes up just as I hide the camera behind my back.

"What happened? Who's dead?" She groans, rubbing her eyes.

"Mornin' Sunshine." I turn, setting the camera down while placing the pictures in my back pocket.

"Ugh." She falls. I smile, her hair was all over the place, tiny knots already forming.

"Might want to brush that head of yours out before you go anywhere today." Making my way towards the bed, I form to her. Sliding my arm around her waist, I kiss her forehead, and her eyes are back to being closed. "You need to get up, Princess."

"No. I don't wanna." She groans again. Laughing to myself, I move my arm. Up to her bare side, hovering around her shoulder, finally coming to her cut cheek. Sighing, as another wave of regret passes through me, I do nothing but hurt her.

"Princess," My body unconsciously shifts towards her, she touches our noses. She wanted to kiss me. It was easy to tell. I wanted it too. Her lips on mine, our bodies close again. It was different with her, the feeling of being needed, but I can't except that feeling either. I'm not good for her. I can't give her what she wants. Even yesterday, with Carol's joke, she stomped off because she was jealous.

My thoughts were interrupted with her hand finding its way in my hair. Pausing as if asking me, 'Are you okay with this?'. I was. I missed the feeling of her. When her leg twitches, I put my hand on her calf, guiding it to my hip. Something wet glides over my lips. Closing my eyes, I let out a groan as she bites my lip.

Not getting enough, I roll over, pinning her arms above her head. Kissing down her neck. Getting to just the right spot where she arches her back. Biting back a soft moan, she moves her hips. Connecting with me more, I drop myself on to her a little. Grinding on to her but following all the way through and moving my lips back up to her's.

Cupping Jade's face in my hand, I release her arms. Her hands shoot to my hair, tugging vigorously at the roots. Bracing a hand on her lower back and neck, I move us into a sitting position. Kissing her rough and quickly, each time she moved up on me. Her lips tasted like honey with a small hint of the stale sour patch kids she keeps in her cell.

"Ahem," Comes from behind us. We separate, embarrassment covers Jade's face. "We have walkers in D."

"We'll be right there," I reply as slam comes from my door, and Jade gets off of me. Rushing, she slides the black, ripped pants from yesterday.

"Can you calm down?" I begged, my voice a little rough from kissing her. She jumps and shimmies while getting her pants on.

"Maggie practically just saw me jumping your bones. So no, I will not calm down." She holsters her knives to her two thighs and her guns at her waist. Her hands guide her hair into a ponytail, my guess is less of a chance for being grabbed. I walk up behind her placing little kisses on her shoulder. Sighing through my action, I say lightly.