You!?

*Flashback*

"You know, they should start doing this themselves," Carol says. "pull their weight." I laugh and continue to walk ahead of her knives out. The bright autumn sunlight beams down keeping me warm, I follow the river waiting for a nice dip in the side. My eyes scan up and back. I do it once more and my eyes find a low sitting area.

"Up ahead, 50 yards or so." I point. She smiles and I take one of the overflowing baskets from her. We walk the rest of the way and when we get to the opening, I walk down securing it before I take off my socks and shoes then go into the water.

The water is just right, cold as soon as you step in but warm in a matter of seconds. I see Carol drop her basket next to mine. Stepping carefully on the rocks back I take a seat next to her. Taking pieces of cloth sinking them in water and putting a bar of soap in rubbing it around.

"So, Daryl?" She asks. I give her a "you're serious" look. She nods in response.

"There's nothing. Just looks, pretty sure he hates me. At least that's what he puts off, has since the camp." I think back to him cutting my cheek and all the heavy eyes. Those blue eyes, man what I would give to be the partner for those blue eyes.

"Do you like him because I mean, he's nonstop staring at you? Whenever you aren't looking he looks at you." She spills.

"I never took you as a gossiper Carol." I laugh. We continue washing clothes until they are all blood-free, damp, and ready to dry. I get up to wash my rag when I am pushed into the water. I move my wet hair out of my face to see Carol laughing her ass off.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry." She goes towards me with her hand out.

Mistake one, Pushing an army man's daughter into the water.

Mistake two, Putting your hand out.

I grab her hand and pull her in with me. I jump up and kick water at her. Her mouth turns into an O shape. I laugh, smiling proudly. We splash around kicking water until a walker wanders to us. I walk up to it and plunge my knife into its brain. I wipe my hand on my pants and we gather everyone's stuff and head back to the cars smiling.

*End*

"Jade do you have anything to use as a weapon?" Glenn says. I sniff and wipe my face free of tears.

"Um-yeah, yeah. I have chair legs." I arm myself with two legs.

"Okay, here's the plan. Whoever's door they go to next be ready to fight them. We don't know how long it's gonna be so stay next to the doors." I nod at him and realize that he can't see me.

"Okay, ready for whatever happens," I reply. We stand for what feels like forever and my legs start getting weak. My pants are completely soaked with blood and I probably shouldn't even be standing but when I finally hear Merle in the hallway my ears perk up. They don't walk this way which means he is going to Glenn and Maggie.

A metallic bang rings out probably the unlocking of their door. Shouting and screams commence and a machine gun goes off making me duck from bullets going through my walls but when it stops, a click from my door sounds.

"Let him go!" Maggie yells making it clear someone has Glenn.

"Okay." Merle laughs, I let out a sigh, his ass is becoming annoying. Two more pairs of footsteps come in. Luckily they pass my door, I push myself up carefully not to make a sound.