Silent Screams

MATURE CONTENT AND POSSIBLE TRIGGERS BELOW!! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

It was about 30 minutes until I heard any noise. It had come from Glenn's room. It sounded like a voice, a conversation, interrogation maybe. I couldn't make out anything that was being said. A whimper came from Maggie's room. I whisper, trying not to get in trouble.

"Maggie he'll get through it, I promise." I quiet down again when loud grunts come from Glenn's room, they stop and more yelling comes.

"I wanna know where the sheriff is," Merle yells. Another grunt, and another. It seems like they are punches by now. I feel bad for Maggie sitting here and listening to her boyfriend get the shit beat out of him.

"I wanna know where you guys are hiding. Where the camp is, and I want to know now." He repeats and lands another punch after not getting an answer. This continues like this for at least another hour before he gives up on Glenn. I can only imagine what he looks like and what Merle or someone would do to Maggie and me.

It only gets worse when I heard his footsteps echo down the hallway but they didn't stop at Maggie's door, they stop at mine. I take a second to compose myself. The door opens with a horrendous, rusty squeak and he comes. I look over him with a plain boring bitch face and see he has a roll of duct tape. He wastes no time walking over to me grabbing my forearm hard and taping my shoulders to the chair.

"If you think you're gonna have more luck with me then with Glenn you're wrong," I say blandly.

"Well we can't have a crisis- My schedule is already full. So if you don't talk when I'm done with you, you're gonna wish you did." He sneered across the table from me. I lean in and growl.

"You can do whatever you think will get me to talk, you are NOT going to break me."

"But I have someone who will." He drags his knife hand across the table towards me. When he reaches me he takes his normal hand and brings it down the side of my face. I want to pull away from his touch but I have to not show anything because Merle gets off on that shit. His face twists out of anger and he lands one right across my face. My head flies right my head spins from my possible concussion. I come back up with another plain face fighting.

"Come on Joy, just let me find my little brother." His cigarette breath fans over my face.

"If you would have been patient, he would have been brought to you." I roll my eyes. Another punch lands on my face. I laugh.

"Where are you guys hiding out? A hotel, nice cabin out in the woods-?"

"Yeah, we built ourselves a nice big vacation home. Five stories, a nice pool, and a white picket fence." I get two for that one. My left eye slightly was swollen. I blink, biting my tongue at the pain.

"You know if I reckon correctly, you guys had the hots for each other. You and my little brother. Always checkin' each other out." He hopes to push a nerve.

"He never said a word to me. He spent the night in my tent before I got a tent for you the next day on Glenn and I's run into Atlanta. Nothing was going on between us." I let him know and he pauses.

"There was?" He emphasizes that part. "As in, there is now." I smack myself internally. "Tell me how is he with it? All the romancy stuff he ain't never had a girl before, probably ain't even got laid either-'' I throw my head into his just like earlier outside of the store He pushes the table back out of the way. I groan again and he comes back. "Just tell me where y'all are!" He lands one after another to my face, my eyes, lips, and nose. I can tell it's harder for him to hit someone with just one hand.