No one left behind, right?

*Edited*

We pull up to the campsite, and everyone has a very perplexed look on their face after Glenn gets out of his new car.

"Come meet everybody," Morales says.

"Come out when you're ready, no rush." I hop out of the truck, not wanting to ruin the surprise for Rick that his family is here.

"Jade!" I look up to see Carl running towards me. I pick him up and hold him at my hip.

"Look what I found," I pull out two bags of skittles from my bookbag, his face lights up with excitement. "Carl, there's something else we found while we were in the city." I begin to say while putting him down, but he looks away from me and runs.

"Daddy!"

"Carl, Carl, L...Lori!" The family runs and forms a big hug.

I get up about to head back to my tent when I see Shane looking at Lori and Rick. Envy, sadness, and rage in his eyes. No one else besides me appeared to notice. He's not fooling me. I knew they both had a thing going on. Saw them having sex when I went out berry picking a few weeks ago. I didn't bother with dinner that night.

Arriving at my tent, passing by Carol, I let her know I'm lying down. She nodded, saying she'd leave me some food, and after kissing me on my head, she left. Going in, I pull out the new clothes I collected today. I pull my tank top off and set it outside for Carol to wash in the morning. I was taking off my pants next and putting shorts on. I lay down in my sleeping bag while pulling my blanket over me. I close my eyes and let sleep take over me.

***

"It all your fault! He wouldn't have died if you had just begged him to stay!"

"Please stop!" The child screamed and cried, and the woman got closer.

***

Even with just a bra and shorts on, I woke up drenched in sweat. Maybe one of these days, I'll learn not to zip up my sleeping bag. I throw on a black tank top carefully as not to brush the bruises on my face. Finishing up, I throw on my leather jacket and leave on the navy blue jean shorts I slept in last night. As I stroll out, going to Carol, I pick up my shirt and hug her. I keep beside her, devouring the breakfast she gave me, oatmeal and berries, suitable for not having sugar. A rev of a car makes everyone turn.

"Water's here, y'all," Shane says, stepping out of his jeep. "Just a reminder to boil before use." It's at this moment, my stomach tightens.

"Carol, where are the kids?" I ask moments before screams let out. I grab my knife and sprint through the trees. Shrieks growing louder are a sign I'm getting closer. I break through into a clearing, I see Carl and Sophia ten feet from a walker, but it seems more engrossed in the deer it's eating. Parents come busting through the clearing a minute later. Mom's grabbing their children and rushing them back to camp while the guys come to my side.

We stood there watching it devour the deer. Inspecting the body, I notice arrows in the body. When I'm about to take them, the walker rises and turns towards the guys. They all start beating the shit out of it, missing the whole point on how to kill the god damn thing. I stand here in amusement, trying not to laugh my ass off. Finally, Dale cuts the walker's head off. I start examining the arrows repeatedly while Dale and Shane start speaking. Out of nowhere, the leaves start rustling. I grab one of my guns in my right hand and cross my left hand over my right with my knife in it. I lunge on the ground, trying to see any movement.

Everyone eases when Daryl walks out of the woods. Securing my knife and gun in their holders, I walk away to check on Carl. I find Lori holding Carl in her arms, next to the jeeps.